• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MU - WI

To Michigan’s credit, they are winning the second half. Not impressive but also not quitting.

If they fire a 10 win coach and we are on here defending a 4 win coach. Man. Strange. Apples and Oranges I know. But JH has won 10 games 3 out of the last 4 years. If Scott does that then, well, some have given him leeway to win 4, then 6, then 7, then 8 etc. They weren't in great shape before he got there. He's recruiting, beating the snot out of teams like, well, Nebraska. This will be an interesting post to see the responses.

I think Wisconsin is just really good sometimes and almost impossible to beat. Would love for Alabama or Clemson or Oklahoma to visit them at home for comparison.

I think one of the issues with Michigan is that they are still adjusting to the style change on offense. Even though they were still struggling under his predecessor, the previous staff had recruited pretty well and they had a few years in a pro style offense. Harbaugh comes in and the overall philosophy on offense doesn't change much. The players fit what they want.

Apples and oranges is apt. We go from our old identity under Solich to Callahan's WCO. Then under Pelini with Watson we tweak the scheme to add a bit of a spread run and wildcat element. Then morph all the way into a run heavy spread with the emergence of Taylor Martinez. Under Riley it's back to a pro style with some spread elements for just long enough to recruit a bunch of pro style QBs. Now the Frost offense. All of that in a 15 year span.

Maybe it will work out for them if given enough time, but I think Michigan moving to a more spread type of system was something of a "If we can't beat them, join them" reaction to not being able to beat OSU.

Wisky's secondary sure is a handsy bunch.

jury's still out for me on UW... good, not grate :Sign2cents:

Every time I watch the Badgers I keep hearing online voices... those big physical run based offenses - only good for 9, 10, 11 wins a season - they'll never work & win the big one.

:Biggrin::O O:

The difference between the Wisconsin run since Alvarez got them tuned up and Osborne's Nebraska run is skill players outside RB on offense and speed on defense. Sprinkle in the right mix of those two things with the big, physical run based offense and solid D and you get magic.

for a team that replaced all but one on the O line.. I”d say they are playing very well

They weren't supposed to be any good this year. Neither was Iowa. Northwestern isn't as good as many thought, but it still looks like the West is going to be a much bigger bear than everyone said going into the season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back