• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MU - WI

my sofa scouting report - :Biggrin:

Bucky's D looks solid, but not convinced they're the clear favorites in the west.

I'd expect to see folks load the box, try to limit JT & make Coan beat you...
+ UW's special teams seem to be struggling out of the gate... should be interesting as the season progresses.
:Popcorn:

edit - oh, & the B1G officials still stink
It looked to me that Michigan’s strategy was exactly what you suggest. “Load the box, try to limit JT and make Coan beat you.” Coan and company did a pretty good job even when JT was out of the game it seemed to me. Wisconsin seems to have developed an impressive o-line pipeline that is adept at opening big holes for their backs and protecting their QB extremely well. JT looked great cutting outside when there was no hole to run through and/or moving the pile 3,4,or 5 yards regularly after contact with the help of line push. Agree their defense looked impressive. I hate to say it, because they have become my personal favorite team to beat, but I don’t see a team that has a better chance to win the West.

Last edited:

He's done great on the recruiting. He should be more competitive today. Give Wisconsin credit.
JH's losses to date: Utah, MSU x2 and OSU x4, Iowa, FSU, PSU, Wisky, Notre Dame, Florida.

Some of those losses are by 1 point (Iowa & FSU). Double OT loss to OSU. And 5 other losses by a touchdown or less.

They aren't losing to say, Troy. Or Colorado. It takes a very talented team to beat Michigan. I don't think he's lost to an unranked team. His first game was Utah, which won 10 games that year (2015), they don't show a ranking. Anyway, point is made. They don't lose to teams they shouldn't.

Their recruiting rankings last 4 years are, according to rivals, 4, 4, 24 and 10. They are #7 right now this year. We are #42.

JH hasn't shown he can beat OSU obviously. Not many teams have. He gets beat twice a year or so by other top teams. Those on here touting a long term rebuild under Frost are ever so patient. Yet seem to understand why Michigan fans would expect a playoff team after 5 years. This years Michigan team doesn't look that great. So I understand the frustration based on that expectation. But man, I'd love to have 10 wins out of the last 4. Not saying I want Harbaugh, but I can't understand wanting to fire him because of the losses he's had. Just crazy in my opinion.

Because Harbaugh was hired with expectations to beat Ohio State, win conference titles, and be in the mix for national titles. And Harbaugh would have said the same in his interview. No less than two out of three years, Michigan has a top 10 recruiting class. Even under Brady Hoke. Harbaugh did not inherit a rebuild.

Last season, Harbaugh had the 3rd highest salary in all of college football -- behind only Saban and Meyer. Now that Urban is gone, I'm thinking Harbaugh is likely #2. You get paid like that, and you are going to at least win your division on occasion -- which also mean occasionally beating Ohio State.

If Michigan is looking to hire a coach -- and it's known in advance (yes, crazy hypothetical) that Michigan will not play in the Big Ten Championship game once in the first four years -- and year five is looking bleak for that to happen as well -- he's not getting hired. Expectations are high in Ann Arbor -- fair or not. And there's absolutely no way Jim Harbaugh has lived up to his expectations. He's most certainly paid to do more.

Last edited:
It looked to me that Michigan’s strategy was exactly what you suggest. “Load the box, try to limit JT and make Coan beat you.” Coan and company did a pretty good job even when JT was out of the game it seemed to me. Wisconsin seems to have developed an impressive o-line pipeline that is adept at opening big holes for their backs and protecting their QB extremely well. JT looked great cutting outside when there was no hole to run through and/or moving the pile 3,4,or 5 yards regularly after contact with the help of line push. Agree their defense looked impressive. I hate to say it, because they have become my personal favorite team to beat, but I don’t see a team that has a better chance to win the West.

Yep, wisky's OL is light years ahead of NU's They actually move people off the ball.

Because Harbaugh was hired with expectations to beat Ohio State, win conference titles, and be in the mix for national titles. And Harbaugh would have said the same in his interview. No less than two out of three years, Michigan has a top 10 recruiting class. Even under Brady Hoke. Harbaugh did not inherit a rebuild.

Last season, Harbaugh had the 3rd highest salary in all of college football -- behind only Saban and Meyer. Now that Urban is gone, I'm thinking Harbaugh is likely #2. You get paid like that, and you are going to at least win your division on occasion -- which also mean occasionally beating Ohio State.

If Michigan is looking to hire a coach -- and it's known in advance (yes, crazy hypothetical) that Michigan will not play in the Big Ten Championship game once in the first four years -- and year five is looking bleak for that to happen as well -- he's not getting hired. Expectations are high in Ann Arbor -- fair or not. And there's absolutely no way Jim Harbaugh has lived up to his expectations. He's most certainly paid to do more.
Yeah. I get all that. And I’m never a fan of firing 10 win coaches. But I do get it. What I don’t get how some point to his talent level and have those expectations then one points to our talent level and all of a sudden cause and effect and logic take a back seat to a long term rebuild.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back