• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

6 wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's here.

The day NU and fans accept 6 wins as a success

WTH!
We've had 6 seasons in which we haven't accomplished 6 wins. Three of those seasons came within the last 4 years. You are being far from realistic when trying to belittle any Husker fan for wanting to win 6 games at a minimum.

How about just saying bowl eligibility without attaching any number? Obviously he can't toss out numbers like 8, 9 or 10 games for many valid reasons.

I don't see why it's a big deal...... Everyone on this board and anyone who follows college football knows that 6 wins means "Bowl Eligibility"........ Let win 6 means....lets get to a bowl game. I mean, the last time we participated in a post season game was December 30, 2016.......

Ask Clemson and Alabama if 6 wins is acceptable..then you will see how far the huskers have fallen
So you are trying to say Nebraska should be mentioned in the same breath as Bama & Clemson today...... You should probably start reading your posts to yourself out loud to you can how crazy that sounds.

Last time Clemson won less than 6 games was '98. Bama hasn't since '03. Heck Bama hasn't won less than 10 since Bo Pelini was hired by TO.....

The kool aid must be extra refreshing in this summer heat.......lol

I don't see why it's a big deal...... Everyone on this board and anyone who follows college football knows that 6 wins means "Bowl Eligibility"........ Let win 6 means....lets get to a bowl game. I mean, the last time we participated in a post season game was December 30, 2016.......
I personally don't consider it a big deal but soon as a number is assigned apparently it becomes one....

I personally don't consider it a big deal but soon as a number is assigned apparently it becomes one....
It only becomes one when one makes it a big deal. Thus the reason I call it an "overreaction"........ All the chatter that our AD and/or the fans have accepted mediocrity for the program sounds extremely silly when you look at the realization that this program has, not only won NOTHING in over 2 decades, but we also experienced 3 losing seasons in the last 4 years. Someone saying "we need to win 6 games" is a who wants the program to get back on it's feet.

I'm a boxing fan. I attended the Ruiz/Joshua heavyweight title fight. Ruiz ended giving Joshua his first professional 'L'...... a huge upset in boxing. People were/are overreacting saying Joshua should retire, hang it up, etc......(which I think is the dumbest advice....the kid is only 29 years old). But my point is made with Andy Ruiz...... many forgot, before the champ got TKO'd.......Andy Ruiz was knocked down. It looked like Anthony Joshua was going to finish this fight early like most expected him to. He gave Ruiz a serious 3 piece combo that would have hurt 99% of anyone with a heartbeat......... But Ruiz got up....that was the first step to giving the upset. Knocked the champ down twice in that same round and then again a couple rounds later..........A new champion emerged.

Nebraska needs to get up. Simple as that. Back to Back losing seasons is a major knock down to the program. Moos and fans are saying we need to get up. That don't mean we are satisfied with just finishing the round. We want the win, but we can't do that without getting up.

6 wins gets our backs off the canvas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back