• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

6 wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than likely trying to put the breaks on all of the hype but if there are only six wins this season he’s going to answer a few questions.
Why would he have any questions to answer? He hired who 99.9% of Husker fans wanted hired. There won’t be or shouldn’t be any fall out on the A.D. for any potential shortcomings of this year‘s team. It would be hypocrisy at its finest if a poor season brought questions to the doorstep of Moos.

I think people over react to way to much and read WAY TO MUCH into things.
This is what happens with a way too long off season. And it is still 2 weeks away from fall camp. And another 4 weeks till actually game time. Will this ongoing torture ever end?

Yeah, I know, in 6 weeks. :)

How drunk are you people on the Kool-Aid? Seriously? Get a grip on yourselves.

Moos is Frost's boss. If, deep down, he's thinking, "Yeah, I think that we can win 9 games," he still would be a fool to publicly say that. "Why?" you ask. Do you remember all of the crazy things that went wrong in 2018? How many people here predicted 4-8? If Moos sets the bar too high, people like those b!tching right now about him having too low of expectations would be the ones most likely to grab the pitchforks and torches and go looking for someone to blame because the team didn't live up to your unrealistic expectations. Moos isn't that stupid. Very few ADs are.

Moos said 6 wins because it's a meaningful number--bowl eligibility--and he quickly shifted the conversation as much as possible. If Frost exceeds that, what's the problem? If Moos said, "I expect us to win 9 games," what happens if we don't? Who pays? Moos? Frost? Both?

Why all the drama all the time?

Moos is Frost's boss. If, deep down, he's thinking, "Yeah, I think that we can win 9 games," he still would be a fool to publicly say that. "Why?" you ask. Do you remember all of the crazy things that went wrong in 2018? How many people here predicted 4-8? If Moos sets the bar too high, people like those b!tching right now about him having too low of expectations would be the ones most likely to grab the pitchforks and torches and go looking for someone to blame because the team didn't live up to your unrealistic expectations. Moos isn't that stupid. Very few ADs are.

Moos said 6 wins because it's a meaningful number--bowl eligibility--and he quickly shifted the conversation as much as possible. If Frost exceeds that, what's the problem? If Moos said, "I expect us to win 9 games," what happens if we don't? Who pays? Moos? Frost? Both?

off season debates. Look how many pages uniforms get

How about just saying bowl eligibility without attaching any number? Obviously he can't toss out numbers like 8, 9 or 10 games for many valid reasons. BTW I really don't care what Moos says about this because he has a lot of political issues to consider that we fans don't.

As for Kool-Aid for us fans? Why not set lofty goals? You really think fans are going to dancing in the aisle if we only win 6 games? I'd bet most fans would be pretty disappointed but that's a guess on my part. I would personally be disappointed with a 6 win season because I believe we're a more talented team then most in our division. We have a very favorable schedule and one of the better QB's in college football. So yea I believe 6 wins is the bottom floor but the season will not be judged much of a success imo if that happens.

No one of sane mind is going to go after Frost should he only wins 6 but there will be a lot of very disappointed Husker fans imo. I sure hope most Huskers fans haven't regressed to the point of thinking 6 wins is a pretty good season........ it's not imo!

Last edited:

I was one of the few on this site who would admit what a mountain Frost and co. had to climb when they arrived. I got bombed for saying he would not win 8-10 games and play in the Conference Championship his first year. He inherited a mess. I do, however, have much higher expectations this year. I doubt we will win them all. My hope is a winning season record and a decent bowl victory. That would be a great accomplishment, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back