• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

6 wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just thinking like a good Wazzoo AD would...bowl eligible is a big deal there. Here, unless you are in a big boy bowl (one where you get there with 9 or more wins)...it just means some winter practice dates and another decent TV game.
He definitely shoots from the lip. Guess Michigan and tOSU aren’t fearing NU this year. #NutJob

LMAO. This AD is such a tool.
He's just thinking like a good Wazzoo AD would...bowl eligible is a big deal there. Here, unless you are in a big boy bowl (one where you get there with 9 or more wins)...it just means some winter practice dates and another decent TV game.
He definitely shoots from the lip. Guess Michigan and tOSU aren’t fearing NU this year. #NutJob

Ok

Take your law enforcement background and think of it this way: While it's great and admirable that YOU had high expectations for those under you, would it have helped your cause if the people in your community expected you to be perfect? If they thought that you had no reason for ever making a mistake, would that help your cause? Any unsolved crime is on your head. Anybody found innocent in court is on your head. Hey, they should have high expectations, right?

You're conflating expectations from two different groups of people, and even in the example you used, that still would be bad.
Not really sure if this is a good example. I'm not totally in agreement with @cthusker but I don't believe he is expecting the team to be mistake free. In your example you are citing parts of policing that are part of the overall crime prevention programs. Asking the team to not make mistakes, solve every crime and determine innocence is like expecting the team to make every first down, make every tackle and play without penalties. CtHusker seems to be saying he is expecting overall crime rates to improve given the resources we are expending towards excellence.

Everything that you said has to do with those in supervisory roles directly over the people whose performance matters: that's NOT us. FROST needs to have high expectations of his players, and that needs to be communicated to them constantly in positive, measureable, achievable ways, but that has ZERO to do with what the fans should "expect."

Take your law enforcement background and think of it this way: While it's great and admirable that YOU had high expectations for those under you, would it have helped your cause if the people in your community expected you to be perfect? If they thought that you had no reason for ever making a mistake, would that help your cause? Any unsolved crime is on your head. Anybody found innocent in court is on your head. Hey, they should have high expectations, right?

You're conflating expectations from two different groups of people, and even in the example you used, that still would be bad.
I think I get what you are saying here Ball Coach but I'm not sure which way it cuts. Ultimately Frost answers to the AD who answers to the administration who answer to regents who answer to the fans (or something like that). The point is simply that fan expectations and their pocketbooks drive athletic departments who hire the coaches. Frost's contract is structured with incentives to win.

Maybe Moos just said "6 wins" so he could watch all the heads explode. Since he knows that every single word at the press conferences will be parsed to death.

It's like when I give a simple answer to my wife's question, and she says "Why did you say it that way?"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back