• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers and the 2019 NFL Draft

Out of curiosity, I checked to see where ESPN had Ozigbo and Morgan ranked for the draft.

Ozigbo as the 30th best RB and Morgan as the 43rd best WR. This would suggest potentially neither are drafted.

Obviously, it's anyone's guess. Although I wouldn't expect to hear any Huskers names in the 2nd round.

Out of curiosity, I checked to see where ESPN had Ozigbo and Morgan ranked for the draft.

Ozigbo as the 30th best RB and Morgan as the 43rd best WR. This would suggest potentially neither are drafted.

Obviously, it's anyone's guess. Although I wouldn't expect to hear any Huskers names in the 2nd round.
I saw a site that had Ozigbo 7th....so we'll see. Don't have the link, sorry, but might be earlier in this thread.

ESPN had this to say about Stanley:

"Morgan Jr. is a versatile receiver with experience lining up on the outside and the inside. He's a natural hands catcher and he's smooth getting in and out of breaks. He tracks the deep ball well and he's got enough speed to stretch the field. He looked like more of a threat after the catch in 2017 than he did in 2018."

Not bad considering they think there are 42 wr's better than him...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable/_/position/wr

Ozigbo 30th best RB? Someone is getting a bargain.

What does the draft status of NU players say about the over all talent level on the previous several year? (Not to mention the Wins and Losses)

What does the draft status of NU players say about the over all talent level on the previous several year? (Not to mention the Wins and Losses)

And Morgan set records at NU. One of the best ever at WR to step in Memorial Stadium.

C

Any Raiders fans wanna defend their teams’ choices?

People think of Ferrell as a reach, but they probably tried to trade down and didn't get what they wanted for the risk. I do think he was underrated and a guy who can play both the run and rush the passer and even play inside, unlike some of the other DE's on the board. They said they had Ferrell ranked as high as Bosa.. we'll see, to me the rule of thumb is that if they really think he's worth that much, they probably have to take him when they have a chance in case someone else thinks the same way.

I didn't like Jacobs that that high (don't know if I think a RB is ever worth it in the first round these days), but he runs hard, blocks hard and is really good as a receiver... .all things Gruden values in a RB

Abram and Mullen are both guys who should play early and often in their awful defensive backfield (and they got Mullen while moving back a few spots and picking up a 4th rounder)

Compared to some of the first day debacles of recent years, it looks like Mayock got 4 guys who should play and fill holes immediately (and they have a lot of holes)

IMHO, it says more about development than talent level. If you believe the BTN fall camp reports from the Riley era, our talent level couldn't match OhSU or UM, but we were right there with Wisconsin. It's just sad that those players, in spite of talent level, weren't considered for the NFL because of that lack of development. And it showed in the W-L record.

Of course, if you believe HCSF (as we all do), our lines haven't looked like Wiscy's or Iowa's either. Maybe the BTN guys were just talking about the skill players. And the skill players paid the price for our inadequate lines...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back