• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers and the 2019 NFL Draft

All 'N' 011808

Former Walk-on
5 Year Member
It's draft week. Here's a thread for all things draft related. Good luck to all Husker draft prospects as well as those who will sign with teams as Undrafted Free Agents.

Last edited:

Sipple's article link about Luke Gifford...
If Luke Gifford is churning inside as the NFL Draft nears, he hides it well.

He emits feelings of calm and confidence because he firmly believes he’ll be in an NFL team’s rookie mini-camp early next month.

He took pre-draft visits to New Orleans and Minnesota, and Detroit visited him in Lincoln.

“But I’ve talked to probably 25 teams throughout the process, some more seriously than others,” the former Nebraska outside linebacker says. "It’s been good. It’s just hard to say how teams will interpret my injuries. A lot of times when they bring you in on a visit, most of that is just to make sure they can check out your medical history.”

Athlon article link from home page of HM...
Stanley Morgan Jr. projected to be taken in 3rd-5th round;
Devine Ozigbo projected to be taken in 5th-6th round;
Tanner Farmer projected as UFA.

I could see Farmer picked in the late rounds. I think he surprised people by his Pro Day performance and playing center will give him some interest. A guy who can play any of the interior positions for roster flexibility and who is a known workhorse in the weight room and in practice is a good guy for the right team.

I still think Gifford is an UDFA, but a team may like him enough to use a 7th rnd pick. Same for Young, but Young wasn't as productive, but the athleticism alone should get him into a camp. Never know who else might get an UDFA shot

2 interesting kids.....drafted or not....are Antonio Reed and Foster.
Reed is athletic and can play. Foster was a better olineman than farmer imo
I hope these get a good shot, draft or FA

good point that those two could get a shot. With Foster, I don't think he was a good fit for us, but in a system that runs tighter splits and wants to let their lineman play more in a phone booth, he could surprise.

Grew up a Steelers fan in the 70's, I will admit that I don't watch the NFL now but if I did I would still be a Steelers fan.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back