• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charles Njoku commits to UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not that this necessarily means anything, it could have just been a misquoted statement, but it sounds like he said he's going to play football at UCLA.

Reading into the statement too much.
He basically said that he was going to have to concentrate, because he was going to be playing for UCLA, guess I read that correctly then. Oh well, can't land them all.

It's a little disappointing to lose to UCLA for a recruit from New Jersey.
Yes. Just like the last time. Remember Devin Fuller. Came down to NU and UCLA. I kinda wanted him because he went to the high school I would have attended had I not moved to NE before eighth grade. Many of Njoku’s highlight were on that same field that I played around on a lot as a kid. Devin Fuller’s Bruins beat us home and away, but we did get the better of him in his final game at Foster Farms bowl. Might have been even a bigger miss as, had we impressed the Fuller’s enough, we may have had the inside track on his brother Jordan Fuller. He was Ohio States leading tackler last year. **At least at the point of the season we played them.**

It's funny, because I have been a fan of the LA Rams, Dodgers and Lakers, but I've never been a fan of UCLA(with the exception of Wooden) so here's to UCLA being a door mat for years to come.
If you live in L.A. (like I used to), it is de rigueur to root for either UCLA or U$C. The choice for me was easy once I met some Spoiled Children (from the University of Spoiled Children). ;)

If you live in L.A. (like I used to), it is de rigueur to root for either UCLA or U$C. The choice for me was easy once I met some Spoiled Children (from the University of Spoiled Children). ;)
UCLA is no better. Aikman's senior year they put a pretty good whooping on us. I was just trying to walk ut of the stadium with a friend. As we are walking up the stairs. 8 separate guys threw punches at me. Luckily I was sober they were not. I dicked the punches and threw them into the crowd and kept walking.

Or maybe he just wanted to go to UCLA and we lost this recruiting battle. You don’t win them all and not sure how you could possibly infer a potential attitude problem. Not exactly fair to the kid who we were pumping up yesterday.
Given that he has a brother with the Hurricanes and another with the Browns, he might feel like the Red carpet needs to be rolled out for him and SF won't go there, but I admit I'm digging for a reason other than he wants to wear baby blue and hang out with the ugly UCLA cheerleaders.
PS. I never pumped this kid up earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back