• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charles Njoku commits to UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a bit of 'gamesmanship,' but assuming everything is now trending towards Njoku going to UCLA I would not mind seeing Houston pull trigger on a commit to N about an hour before Njoku announces. ;)

I think I would favor what N2FL considered in post #185. Not so much of a "loss" as it was a shift in priorities from Njoku to Houston. Probably not ever going to know for sure, but Frost did host them both so he at least had the opportunity to make the choice. Can hardly be considered a "miss" if they are both 4 stars.
Sometimes meeting someone in person you get a feeling if and where they fit on and OFF the field. Not doing an in home leaves everyone wondering.

Or Njoku respectfully told Frost and co. that it would be UCLA. Frost keeps things pretty tight lipped. I just can’t see us cooling the week he commits unless he’s told us his intentions.

Absolutely. He may have planned to visit today and Njoku called him yesterday and told him he was committing to Kelly.

Or Njoku respectfully told Frost and co. that it would be UCLA. Frost keeps things pretty tight lipped. I just can’t see us cooling the week he commits unless he’s told us his intentions.

Unless i'm mistaken, Adrian Martinez was the player host for both of them. Continuing with theories, maybe Martinez told Frost that Houston was a better fit? Maybe Njoku was too interested in where the hot spots were around town? Maybe Houston asked about the offense more? Who knows. Like you said, we'll never know.

Either way, Houston would be an awesome addition to your class.

https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs....klahoma-wr-demariyon-houston-committed-texas/

The article above claims Houston has sub 4.4 40 speed. The article below says Njoku runs 4.74. That's likely not an apples to apples comparison but, while I would gladly take Njoku, I am also comfortable Houston is a burner and speed is always a good thing. We could use a big bodied receiver on the outside but we can also use Austin Allen, Stoll, Rafdal or Katerian Legrone to get size mismatches in the red zone. Bottom line is I'll be quite happy if we get Njoku or Houston.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...thletic_nj_wr_charles_njoku_commits_to_b.html

Last edited:
Unless i'm mistaken, Adrian Martinez was the player host for both of them. Continuing with theories, maybe Martinez told Frost that Houston was a better fit? Maybe Njoku was too interested in where the hot spots were around town? Maybe Houston asked about the offense more? Who knows. Like you said, we'll never know.

Either way, Houston would be an awesome addition to your class.
Njoku did say he liked the Kelly's pro-style offense.

Not that this necessarily means anything, it could have just been a misquoted statement, but it sounds like he said he's going to play football at UCLA.
I think your interpretation was correct...meaning the quote was accurate and will pan out that way. And that's how I read it when I saw it about the same time you did.
I believe SF already knew what we did not, and that's why SF Inc subsequently visited Houston. He already knew Njoku was headed to UCLA.
Whether Njoku hinted to SF he's heading to UCLA or SF hinted to Njoku that he's favoring Houston, we will likely never know.
IMO, SF met Njoku and did not feel a good attitude fit but did with Houston....JMO.
I don't really know, but probably a reasonable guess. Would love to hear other guesses.
UCLA is nice, but I bet Chip Kelly has a bigger ego than coaching acumen when compared to SF.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back