• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charles Njoku commits to UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe we get grad transfer from Miami to take Ngoku place. I agree Houston fits better. Good place for a walkon to make a contribution here

For the past month or so, it has been assumed that Njoku was the priority WR over Houston...

I wonder if Frost changed that around (if that was truly the case) after hosting both of them on back to back weekends? He never went in-home with Njoku and he brought Walters and Held with him to see Houston last night, only a few days following his visit. You'd think he would have made sure to see Njoku this week and hold off on Houston till next week after Njoku made his decision. We've known Njoku was deciding after his trips to Nebraska and UCLA. Something tells me if Frost wanted Njoku so much, he would have visited him. JMO.

For the past month or so, it has been assumed that Njoku was the priority WR over Houston...

I wonder if Frost changed that around (if that was truly the case) after hosting both of them on back to back weekends? He never went in-home with Njoku and he brought Walters and Held with him to see Houston last night, only a few days following his visit. You'd think he would have made sure to see Njoku this week and hold off on Houston till next week after Njoku made his decision. We've known Njoku was deciding after his trips to Nebraska and UCLA. Something tells me if Frost wanted Njoku so much, he would have visited him. JMO.
Or Njoku respectfully told Frost and co. that it would be UCLA. Frost keeps things pretty tight lipped. I just can’t see us cooling the week he commits unless he’s told us his intentions.

It's a little disappointing to lose to UCLA for a recruit from New Jersey. Njoku would have been a great add with his height and bloodlines.

Unlike in previous years though, we have plenty of good options for when we miss out on a top target late in process.

It's a little disappointing to lose to UCLA for a recruit from New Jersey. Njoku would have been a great add with his height and bloodlines.

Unlike in previous years though, we have plenty of good options for when we miss out on a top target late in process.
I agree, he was the one remaining recruit that I wanted the most. Living in Houston, I get to hear all about UT, and unfortunately see too many of their games on TV.

There’s a lot to be said about how big bodies receivers can make a QB look better than they are. Texas was fortunate to have 2, it wasn’t so much to ask that we just be blessed with 1.

I think I would favor what N2FL considered in post #185. Not so much of a "loss" as it was a shift in priorities from Njoku to Houston. Probably not ever going to know for sure, but Frost did host them both so he at least had the opportunity to make the choice. Can hardly be considered a "miss" if they are both 4 stars.

Agree

Seems focus shifted to Houston and away from Ngoku. I don't think Houston is a fall back option either. Looks to me that Houston is first choice

Hard to say who was the top priority from the get-go. Either way, you're not looking at the typical "fallback" option. More of a 1A and 1B situation. I'll be just as pleased w/ a Houston commitment as I would have been Njoku.
If there were still two spots for WRs, they both would be great gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back