• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Urban Meyer DONE

I hear a Trojan fight song in the distance...

I'm partially serious

I never thought Clay Helton would survive this season, so I’ll revise my earlier prediction that he’d jump to LSU in 2020. Urban will own the PAC-12 for as long as he can he can hold himself together.

It would have been great to beat tOSU with Urban, but who knows how long that would have taken. We did miss a realistic chance to knock them off this year.

Beating tOSU will be satisfying no matter who their coach is, and I think NU has a much better chance to do that without Urban.

That all seems eerily similar to when FS took over from TO in trying to 'keep the band together'... Day may be a great coach, but got to believe tOSU will be on a downward trajectory for awhile anyway.
Hope they stay competitive for the sake of the Big 10. They seemed to play pretty good ball in the first 3 games this year.

They had a chance to test drive him for the first 3 games, he's familiar with all the support staff, and they with him, and if you look at what going outside has resulted in with several schools, I'd say keeping it in the family isn't a bad idea.

I for one do not believe for a second that the first three games was a "test drive" UM was still running the show for all but the 3 or so hours of the game. He was a side line figure head for three games. Now that is more than most but still not a test run.

Ohio State has suffered 4 losing seasons in the past 68 years!

That would suggest there's little risk of them suddenly becoming another Rutgers regardless of who's picked for their new HC imo....... :rolleyes:

I'll be sorry to see Urban go. Nebraska had a win-win when playing Urb's teams. If you won you beat Ohio State, If you lost ole Urb just didn't report it . . .

Ohio State has suffered 4 losing seasons in the past 68 years!

That would suggest there's little risk of them suddenly becoming another Rutgers regardless of who's picked for their new HC imo....... :rolleyes:

That's an amazing stat, isn't it? And before that they had Paul Brown for a couple years. I want to see them have some more losing seasons just to enjoy watching their fans melt down. They tend to never make risky hires. Urban Meyer doesn't fit their mold because they have traditionally had boring, defensive-minded, run-the-damn-ball kinds of coaches. Woody Hayes, Earle Bruce, John Cooper, Jim Tressel. If you have superior talent--and Columbus is in the middle of an amazing amount of football talent with little direct competition--those kinds of coaches will win a lot of games for you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back