• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern (10/13/18)

Law of supply and demand? That's not even close to a correct use of the term.

Nebraska isn't nationally relevant now and hasn't been since 2003. Nebraska is one of the worst P5 programs in the country and is far closer to programs like Indiana (two B1G championships, last one shared with Minnesota in 1967), Minnesota and Illinois (last NC in 1951, B1G in 2001) than upper echelon teams like Ohio State, Alabama and Auburn.
It is ABSOLUTELY a correct use of the term. Husker fans create a HIGH demand for good football. If we didn't, the University wouldn't dump huge sums of money into facilities and coaches. If the fans didn't care if we won or lost, there wouldn't be a 35 million dollar HC on our sidelines. You clearly haven't thought this through. There are exactly ZERO perennial powerhouses that don't have a rabid fanbase.

Edit: and your claim about being nationally relevant is wrong as well. If you're in the championship game of a Power 5 conference, you're nationally relevant. When you're in it 3 out if 4 years while changing conferences, you're definitely relevant. Unless, of course, the definition of relevant has changed in the last decade.

Last edited:

Almost brought this up in my post game notes, but funny how we have this ceiling at 28 points. We finally broke it but it took an interception deep in their territory to do it--and even then we settle for a FG.

I am thankful the staff made the switch at punter. Armstrong gave us a real shot to win. He did all that could have been asked. Actually, if Lightbourn was punting today, we may very well have lost in regulation.

And I do agree that the offense likely does have many great days ahead.

I'll continue to rant about our defense, however. And our overall lack of discipline.
The offense has to score on almost every possession with this system which is damn near impossible unless your Ohio State playing the 2017 Huskers. SF played defense in the NFL, he coached defense at Northern Iowa, he needs to get involved in the defense and stop saying crap like “I don’t call the defense” in post game pressers. Chinanders defense can and does work but it ain’t working right now.

This was the biggest give-away / choke job since Riley's first year against Illinois. Both games were almost impossible to lose at the end, yet we found a way.

Forgot to make this post in post game comments regarding special teams.

We had another holding call on the punt return today. Sure enough, it was a true freshman working his four game redshirt. I really think that may be an issue. We keep sending out true freshmen to play one game of special teams, and the next week, we send out different freshmen. So each week is a massive learning curve, and the freshman that makes the mistake may not play again for two or three weeks which by then, the lesson isn't as fresh. I have been noticing that all year. Each week, it is a different freshman making the mistake.

"Mental hurdles.":thumbsup:

I may have to use that phrase after the next meltdown write up. I'm starting to run out of creative ways to keep repeating myself after 15 years of this.

And I HATE repeating myself and yet that's all I ever seem to do.;)

Go for it I stole my signature line from a guy many years ago on Rudy from a fellow poster

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back