• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern (10/13/18)

ifyour still bla

still blaming riley. frost is the head coach.

You both didn't understand my post -- nor pay much attention to my countless, previous rants. ;)

I'm giving Riley full credit for Ozigbo being the single best Husker player this season with the most heart and desire.

And, I'm not at all sold on Frost and staff. I've consistently been "wait and see." He deserves a bunch of criticism for this epic disaster. Single worst season of my lifetime. He may turn it around with time. But everything about this season is on Frost. I give Riley zero blame. This is Frost's team, just as 2008 was Bo's team.

I'm not at all giving up on Frost. But he doesn't deserve a free pass for this season. Better seasons ahead, we hope. Can't get worse.

Last edited:

No need to.

But if Riley was still coaching, and this team was 0-6 after a loss like today, the entire state of Nebraska would be aflame now, with a couple million Nebraska fans rioting.

I understand the need for patience with Frost and staff. But I also understand they share a large part of the blame for this disaster thus far.

I understand and mostly agree but there are coaching decisions that can be questioned in every game. It happened in the Osborne era. It happens to Saban and Meyer and Swinney. I would have liked to have seen some things handled differently in game but we have no margin for error. Especially defensively. Losing Gifford for the last drive meant we had no one who could get pressure from the OLB position. There are FCS secondaries that would be an upgrade over ours. As much as Reed annoys me at times, we were badly hurt when he pulled a hammy. Our replacements are a significant downgrade. No one on the DL can consistently occupy the opposing OL to create open lanes for LBs and for blitzes. It's hard to coach around so many deficiencies at every level of the defense.

The offensive issues are mostly related to OL and the fact that Martinez is a true freshman and the lack of consistency that comes with that.

Last edited:

THE 99 YARD DRIVE WAS POSSIBLE BECAUSE THEY CALLED A ROUGHING THE PASSER CALL ON OUR GUY BRUSHING THE QB'S HELMET AFTER TRYING TO DEFLECT THE PASS

That call is going to occur 99 times out of 100 in CFB now regardless of the teams involved. The one time it doesn't the officials are going to be downgraded for it. The rule is the rule. The NCAA (and NFL) are correctly worried about the future of the game because parents and players are increasingly knowledgeable about the impact of concussions and CTE.

Ok,
So I’m curious- what makes you so certain Nebraska will win the BC game? They are one of four winless teams in the entire nation, and have literally found ways to lose just about every game. BC could be a low level fcs team (maybe they are?) but still has a great chance with nothing to lose. And these players now realize that the BC game is their only shot at a win this year (and if you don’t believe that you need to puke up the kool aid) so imagine the pressure to win they will feel in that game. BC will only be getting 10-12 points in Vegas I believe (as a comparison, a team like penn State would be favored at home by about 45 over them). I hate to say it but I’m prepared for 0-12- hopefully other fans are too.
Because I live in FL, have watched them play, and have played with guys who went on to play there.

You both didn't understand my post -- nor pay much attention to my countless, previous rants. ;)

I'm giving Riley full credit for Ozigbo being the single best Husker player this season with the most heart and desire.

And, I'm not at all sold on Frost and staff. I've consistently been "wait and see." He deserves a bunch of criticism for this epic disaster. Single worst season of my lifetime. He may turn it around with time. But everything about this season is on Frost. I give Riley zero blame. This is Frost's team, just as 2008 was Bo's team.

I'm not at all giving up on Frost. But he doesn't deserve a free pass for this season. Better seasons ahead, we hope. Can't get worse.
sorry. i must of misunderstood your post. agree with this post 100%

I understand and mostly agree but there are coaching decisions that can be questioned in every game. It happened in the Osborne era. It happens to Saban and Meyer and Swinney. I would have liked to have seen some things handled differently in game but we have no margin for error. Especially defensively. Losing Gifford for the last drive meant we had no one who could get pressure from the OLB position. There are FCS secondaries that would be an upgrade over ours. As much as Reed annoys me at times, we were badly hurt when he pulled a hammy. Our replacements are a significant downgrade. It's hard to coach around so many deficiencies at every level of the defense.

The offensive issues are mostly related to OL and the fact that Martinez is a true freshman and the lack of consistency that comes with that.

I am thankful the staff made the switch at punter. Armstrong gave us a real shot to win. He did all that could have been asked. Actually, if Lightbourn was punting today, we may very well have lost in regulation.

And I do agree that the offense likely does have many great days ahead.

I'll continue to rant about our defense, however. And our overall lack of discipline.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back