• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern (10/13/18)

Crying and laughter at the same time. Un-freaking-believable. Next week, same result. And future weeks, ditto. At best, 1 win and 11 losses.

Need to change my avatar.

Well no more national viewers. BTN coverage for remaining games.

I heard ComedyTV will produce Keystone Kops sequel. Main actors, ..............

I am thankful the staff made the switch at punter. Armstrong gave us a real shot to win. He did all that could have been asked. Actually, if Lightbourn was punting today, we may very well have lost in regulation.

And I do agree that the offense likely does have many great days ahead.

I'll continue to rant about our defense, however. And our overall lack of discipline.
That right there has cost nu multiple games. I can live with some issues on defense. Nu doesnt have the horses on the DL and that just cripples a DC.

Why no angst for greg Austin? His linemen killed Nu in this game. For all the good they did at times....killer false start and then killer bad snap. Foster had two penalties right out of the gate. Criminey!

Got invited to the bud Crawford fight tonight....I hope he takes my frustration out on that dude.

The reason Nebraska WILL retain national relevance is the fan base. The law of supply and demand. If we stop demanding winning football, then we will be in trouble.

Law of supply and demand? That's not even close to a correct use of the term.

Nebraska isn't nationally relevant now and hasn't been since 2003. Nebraska is one of the worst P5 programs in the country and is far closer to programs like Indiana (two B1G championships, last one shared with Minnesota in 1967), Minnesota and Illinois (last NC in 1951, B1G in 2001) than upper echelon teams like Ohio State, Alabama and Auburn.

I honestly think Pat Fitzgerald kicked that onside kickoff knowing Scott would forgoe his offensive series and elect to play D based on field position. He knew if he kicked it long Scott would try and move the ball and open up the offense, burning time, creating opportunities etc. and potentially score.
He just knew Scott would wuss out. And he was right. Sad.

Last edited:
Yes they did after an 8 yard game last week which they won

So that stat credits what NW does and who they are. A team that scores TDS on drives in less that 2 minutes consistently. So why we give that chance and not grow a pair and try to close out the game I have no earthly clue.

No need to.

But if Riley was still coaching, and this team was 0-6 after a loss like today, the entire state of Nebraska would be aflame now, with a couple million Nebraska fans rioting.

I understand the need for patience with Frost and staff. But I also understand they share a large part of the blame for this disaster thus far.

Agree never more so than in the fourth quarter. It is what it is like it or not

So that stat credits what NW does and who they are. A team that scores TDS on drives in less that 2 minutes consistently. So why we give that chance and not grow a pair and try to close out the game I have no earthly clue.

Me either

That right there has cost nu multiple games. I can live with some issues on defense. Nu doesnt have the horses on the DL and that just cripples a DC.

Why no angst for greg Austin? His linemen killed Nu in this game. For all the good they did at times....killer false start and then killer bad snap. Foster had two penalties right out of the gate. Criminey!

Got invited to the bud Crawford fight tonight....I hope he takes my frustration out on that dude.

I think both the OL and DL are the two biggest areas where the coaches might want to make changes, they just can't because the depth of talent isn't there. I think it's potentially quite telling that despite Foster's play we haven't seen much (or any?) of Raridon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back