• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For all you Verduzco fans

Great photo on the Journal Star website of Coach V, chomping a stogie.

5b78da672ed68.image.jpg

download.jpg

Chewing is the leading cause of mouth and throat cancer.

Hopefully he can switch to mint or coffee grounds.
Mint? That is like an alcoholic drinking tea instead.
When I was a freshman I started chewing Skoal. One weekend when we were playing CU on the road, (I remember it like it was yesterday), I was listening to “Whip It” by Devo on Friday night and I thought “I am not staying in this stinkin’ dorm this weekend!” I woke up the next morning and took a bus to The Westroads and another to SW Omaha and walked home. My parents were in Boulder with friends getting urine bombed, so I had the house to myself. Somewhere along the line I picked up a can of Copenhagen. First time! We throttled CU and I took a celebratory dip. Holy crap I thought that stuff was foul! I went out the front door of the house and frisbeed that can into the night. By the end of that Freshman year, I was dipping Copenhagen and not even spitting. I miss it, even though those first few dips after taking some time off are challenging, but the health risks keep me away. Oh! And nothing like getting drunk and falling asleep with it in your mouth, Amirite?

One of the greatest hitters of all time died from salivary gland cancer caused by dipping.

#8timebattingchampion

C

I don't really care if people are smoking, chewing, etc. I just wonder if campus police will be coming after our football coaches. The anti-freedom Nazis have made the entire campus tobacco free. Chewing, smoking, even vaping is prohibited everywhere on campus.

I don't really care if people are smoking, chewing, etc. I just wonder if campus police will be coming after our football coaches. The anti-freedom Nazis have made the entire campus tobacco free. Chewing, smoking, even vaping is prohibited everywhere on campus.
I cant believe that, when I was at UNL, EVERYBODY smoked.

Last edited:
One of the greatest hitters of all time died from salivary gland cancer caused by dipping.

#8timebattingchampion
C
Gwynn asked whether smokeless tobacco caused all of this. The head radiation oncologist at Scripps Memorial Hospital, Dr. Prabhakar Tripuraneni (whom the Gwynns call Dr. T.) said he couldn't definitively say dipping initiated the tumor. He says it's his opinion that the cancer was unrelated, but acknowledged there hadn't been sufficient studies done to prove it one way or another.

https://www.webcitation.org/5xUKQIP1c?url=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=6257656

I've never understood the want and or need, to stick a big ole turd in ones mouth. For those of you that smoke cigars, can someone try to explain to me the fascination of those totally foul smelling, nasty azz things, and why would you really want that in your mouth? Is it a phallus thing?

Last edited:
Chewing, smoking, even vaping is prohibited everywhere on campus.
As it should be. It strikes me as funny, not haha funny, but funny, that a crap ton of cigarette and cigar smokers think that it's okay to light up where ever they are, but get bent out of shape over legal marijuana. HMMMM! Funny indeed.

Last edited:

Chewing, smoking, even vaping is prohibited everywhere on campus.
As it should be. It strikes me as funny, not haha funny, but funny, that a crap ton of cigarette and cigar smokers think that it's okay to light up where ever they are, but get bent out of shape of marijuana. HMMMM! Funny indeed.

As it should be. It strikes me as funny, not haha funny, but funny, that a crap ton of cigarette and cigar smokers think that it's okay to light up where ever they are, but get bent out of shape over legal marijuana. HMMMM! Funny indeed.
Bull. I quit a few months ago, but I still think the anti-smoking Nazis have gone way too far. I'd love to ban all kinds of annoying things (and annoying posters), but I'm not a Nazi.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back