• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB comparison from first scimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
http://www.huskers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&PALBID=2203222

From the images below (#1 & #2 Martinez, #3 Gebbia) it looks like Martinez likes to run laterally while Gebbia is picking up yardage as a North & South runner. And look how wildly loose and dangerously AM is holding the ball while Gebbia has his tucked away. SF is on record discussing the importance of turnovers and protecting the ball. I hope AM isn't falling too far behind because of this...@Paramus would be heartbroken.

SOOYXOAPONZHEQX.20180812164506.JPG

UROETPBKOADBVSU.20180812164505.JPG

ZYVHSTTRLZPVEDA.20180812164505.JPG

Ok, I know you can't tell much from a couple of photo's...just interesting photo's.

Last edited:

Point being is the ball could easily be swatted holding it like that. I presume that TG starts, and AM finishes the season as the new starter, or maybe just plays the four games to gain big boy football experience.

From the images below (#1 & #2 Martinez, #3 Gebbia) it looks like Martinez likes to run laterally while Gebbia is picking up yardage as a North & South runner. And look how wildly loose and dangerously AM is holding the ball while Gebbia has his tucked away. SF is on record discussing the importance of turnovers and protecting the ball. I hope AM isn't falling too far behind because of this...@Paramus would be heartbroken.

1. AM likes to run in any direction. He just likes to run, period.

2. AM does not have to tuck the ball away like Gebbia does, because unlike Gebbia, nobody can catch him. The photos show AM not being touched while Gebbia is being touched by 2 defenders at the same time.

3. AM will never fall behind Gebbia, especially in a foot race and definitely not in a QB race. For one thing, AM is a world-class athlete competing against mere FBS-level athletes and for another thing, AM hates to lose.

Last edited:
Nice. Show a picture of one quarterback running through the line and two other pictures of a guy in the back field that was most likely rolling out on a pass play.

If you watch video from this week it also shows AM throwing off one foot and back foot. No dog in this fight but it will be interesting.

Nice. Show a picture of one quarterback running through the line and two other pictures of a guy in the back field that was most likely rolling out on a pass play.

As we see AM running laterally with the ball not tucked, GFOA should realize that AM is still entertaining the option of passing the ball before he decides to tuck it and run.

Has anyone ever seen AM fumble? That's the only question that needs to be answered.

Last edited:

As we see AM running laterally with the ball not tucked, GFOA should realize that AM is still entertaining the option of passing the ball before he decides to tuck it and run.
He is in absolutely no position to throw, nor does he have a throwing grip on the ball in either photo. Actually, he appears to be running laterally for his life, looking unable to turn the corner and get up field. But, as I said...a few still photo's aren't too revealing.

He is in absolutely no position to throw, nor does he have a throwing grip on the ball in either photo. Actually, he appears to be running laterally for his life, looking unable to turn the corner and get up field. But, as I said...a few still photo's aren't too revealing.

I would not worry about it. The great thing is that we have 3 excellent QBs for SF's offense. I'd say we have 2 Mercedes and one Lamborghini.

I do not think SF will decide to keep his Lamborghini parked in the garage for a year. If he thinks it's tuned up and ready to go, I think he will drive it. SF will want to give his players the best possible chance to become champions this year, and he is not apt to leave his best athlete/play-maker on the bench.

Like *** said, AM has a way higher ceiling than Gebbia, and the sooner you play AM, the sooner he will reach his ceiling. And as AM progresses toward his ceiling, the ceiling of the entire team will get higher.

*** said - Martinez ran this offense in high school while Gebbia was more air-raid Mike Leach type offense. Martinez in my opinion has a way higher ceiling, but Gebbia is doing everything to be the guy against Akron.

https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/martinez-or-gebbia.105017/page-3#post-3572835

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back