• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB comparison from first scimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.huskers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&PALBID=2203222

From the images below (#1 & #2 Martinez, #3 Gebbia) it looks like Martinez likes to run laterally while Gebbia is picking up yardage as a North & South runner. And look how wildly loose and dangerously AM is holding the ball while Gebbia has his tucked away. SF is on record discussing the importance of turnovers and protecting the ball. I hope AM isn't falling too far behind because of this...@Paramus would be heartbroken.

SOOYXOAPONZHEQX.20180812164506.JPG

UROETPBKOADBVSU.20180812164505.JPG

ZYVHSTTRLZPVEDA.20180812164505.JPG

Ok, I know you can't tell much from a couple of photo's...just interesting photo's.
Is that Ryan Schommer that is chasing AM? That is all I can figure... So he is struggling to outrun a walk on Freshman DL?

I just think @Paramus might be a tad bit optimistic... Of course I hope he is correct in his enthusiasm...

Last edited:

http://www.huskers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&PALBID=2203222

From the images below (#1 & #2 Martinez, #3 Gebbia) it looks like Martinez likes to run laterally while Gebbia is picking up yardage as a North & South runner. And look how wildly loose and dangerously AM is holding the ball while Gebbia has his tucked away. SF is on record discussing the importance of turnovers and protecting the ball. I hope AM isn't falling too far behind because of this...@Paramus would be heartbroken.

SOOYXOAPONZHEQX.20180812164506.JPG

UROETPBKOADBVSU.20180812164505.JPG

ZYVHSTTRLZPVEDA.20180812164505.JPG

Ok, I know you can't tell much from a couple of photo's...just interesting photo's.
Good observation I'm sure that will be corrected.

Since we’re cherry picking pictures and running with theories based off of them, here’s a picture of AM outrunning everybody during conditioning drills, so he has to be the fastest and most conditioned athlete we have, therefore will start 1st game...

Seriously trying to analyze behaviors and who the starter will be based off of a few photos is ridiculous

Attachments

• E7DBAD1A-28A2-4B72-ABBB-286EDA93694F.jpeg
    E7DBAD1A-28A2-4B72-ABBB-286EDA93694F.jpeg
    855.9 KB · Views: 91
He is in absolutely no position to throw, nor does he have a throwing grip on the ball in either photo. Actually, he appears to be running laterally for his life, looking unable to turn the corner and get up field. But, as I said...a few still photo's aren't too revealing.
False. Unlike Gebbia he is athletic enough to toss the ball while running. Did you start watching football during the Callahan era? If so I forgive you.

I would not worry about it. The great thing is that we have 3 excellent QBs for SF's offense. I'd say we have 2 Mercedes and one Lamborghini.

I do not think SF will decide to keep his Lamborghini parked in the garage for a year. If he thinks it's tuned up and ready to go, I think he will drive it. SF will want to give his players the best possible chance to become champions this year, and he is not apt to leave his best athlete/play-maker on the bench.

Like *** said, AM has a way higher ceiling than any of our QBs, and the sooner you play AM, the sooner he will reach his ceiling. And as AM progresses toward his ceiling, the ceiling of the entire team will get higher.
We can all agree it's a tremendous improvement over last season.

Is that Ryan Schommer that is chasing AM? That is all I can figure... So he is struggling to outrun a walk on Freshman DL?

How on earth could you know he is struggling? AM is probably only running at half speed as he surveys the field. He knows he can suddenly burst past the defender whenever he choses.

That's just the way he does it.

Last edited:
How on earth could you know he is struggling? AM is probably only running at half speed as he surveys the field. He knows he can suddenly burst past the defender whenever he choses.

That's just the way he does it.
Holding the ball out like a loaf of bread? That looks more like an act of desperation to me... and he isn't surveying the field, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back