• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state 4* ILB Nick Henrich unofficial on Monday, 6/18

I think Notre Dame is still more of a threat than Wisconsin or Iowa. I think Nebraska gets him in the end still.
One advantage is there are a lot of people in Omaha - friends, teachers, neighbors - who are excited about Husker football again, and think it is going somewhere. People he talks to daily will have lots of optimism and a positive view about it.

If those kind of people naturally influence him, I think it might be a little infectious. It might be hard not to want to put himself into that story. I think it would be hard for me if I was in his shoes.

But who knows?

Last edited:

One advantage is there are a lot of people in Omaha - friends, teachers, neighbors - who are excited about Husker football again, and think it is going somewhere. People he talks to daily will have lots of optimism and a positive view about it.

If those kind of people naturally influence him, I think it might be a little infectious. It might be hard not to want to put himself into that story. I think it would be hard for me if I was in his shoes.

But who knows?

Good point, but his response depends upon the type of kid he is. Some folks thrive on doing the unexpected...

Soo you want kids who don't want to be here? It has been stated many times that the kid did not grow up a fan.
Red: Show me where I said that at all.....
Bold: Then why sweat the kid with, "send him on his way"? That just sounds bitter and selfish to me.

I don't think you could've misinterpreted his post any worse if he had written it in Chinese.
I don't care what you think, and this will be 100% clear in any language, now, move along and stay out of my comments/conversations. :thumbsup:

Red: Show me where I said that at all.....
Bold: Then why sweat the kid with, "send him on his way"? That just sounds bitter and selfish to me.
You highlighted I only want kids who want to be here as a tired cliche. So to most people that means you disagree with the concept. You further stated we should not send kids who do not want to be here on their way. So if we do not send them then by default they remain. so your overall premise not based on what you said but rather what you disagreed with leads to that conclusion.

If you say you disagree with something the default is that you agree with the opposite.

You could have said. "If he does not want to be here obviously we do not want him here, but Thom you could have worded it better. I think it comes off as bitter." As you wrote it. It shows disagreement.

You highlighted I only want kids who want to be here as a tired cliche. So to most people that means you disagree with the concept. You further stated we should not send kids who do not want to be here on their way. So if we do not send them then by default they remain. so your overall premise not based on what you said but rather what you disagreed with leads to that conclusion.

If you say you disagree with something the default is that you agree with the opposite.

You could have said. "If he does not want to be here obviously we do not want him here, but Thom you could have worded it better. I think it comes off as bitter." As you wrote it. It shows disagreement.
I respect your opinions for the most part, but I am not going to say, "good riddance" to a kid, which is essentially what you said, because he may want to go to another school, in another state. Of course, I never want any other school to be better than Nebraska, but, if a Nebraska kid makes another school better, that's the way things are supposed to work, whether we like it or not. It's no different than a kid transferring for any myriad of reasons.

Your reply is acceptable.... LOL.... That other guy though, nothing he says is acceptable.

And, yes, I too, only want guys on the team, that truly want to be a part of Husker Nation, and Husker lore. GBR!!!

I respect your opinions for the most part, but I am not going to say, "good riddance" to a kid, which is essentially what you said, because he may want to go to another school, in another state. Of course, I never want any other school to be better than Nebraska, but, if a Nebraska kid makes another school better, that's the way things are supposed to work, whether we like it or not. It's no different than a kid transferring for any myriad of reasons.

Your reply is acceptable.... LOL.... That other guy though, nothing he says is acceptable.

And, yes, I too, only want guys on the team, that truly want to be a part of Husker Nation, and Husker lore. GBR!!!
:thumbsup:

I definitely agree. The rekindled excitement about the program has to be an advantage. We have been in a "wait and see" mentality for several years, and I'm sure that perspective weighs on kids' decisions.

I’ve only been to Madison, Wisconsin once, and it was early September. I thought it was a really cool town, but man I hate thinking about a North wind blowing off that lake in December-March.....

I don't care what you think, and this will be 100% clear in any language, now, move along and stay out of my comments/conversations. :thumbsup:
meyers.gif

I’ve only been to Madison, Wisconsin once, and it was early September. I thought it was a really cool town, but man I hate thinking about a North wind blowing off that lake in December-March.....

Housing is high there, but I'd take it over central Illinois in a heartbeat.

The fact we are even in this is a massive win for Ruud and Frost. They have done an outstanding job of getting back in the face of these kids. It won't be from lack of effort getting them here. I believe Bounds and Green even get involved when Henrich and his family come to Lincoln and spend some time with them.

If he goes elsewhere, i'm fine with it.
I'm not.
There was a time when talented Nebraska kids would not even consider anywhere else but NU if they were offered.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back