• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state 4* ILB Nick Henrich unofficial on Monday, 6/18

If that is what happens send him on his way. I only want kids who want to be here. He is a good LB but if his heart is not here. Oh well.
Here are 6 reasons in order of likelihood IMO (not his) why Henrick will end up elsewhere:
1. Wants to play for an established/stable winner.
2. Clicks with their coaches more than ours.
3. Digs their facilities more than ours.
4. Needs to be at least a day's drive from family....don't swing by to get in my business....will see you over the holidays.
5. Sick of being surrounded by GBR everywhere, and has a Herbie Husker or Lil Red Voodoo doll that he stabs every night.
6. Got the hurt for the gal that gave him the campus tour.

I can live with Reasons 4 and 6, buy I cringe when it's any of the other reasons.

Edit : OK Last One ... somebody with a great program in the area of academic interest.... not good that I did not think of that originally....maybe Reason 7?

Last edited:

If he's a tough minded kid, and I think he is, and a physically dominant LB'er, Wiscy will look pretty good. However, with the ceiling for Frost and company being incredibly high, the opportunity to get in on the ground floor could be very appealing. Risk takers and and people wired for aggressive opportunities thrive in those types of situations. just my :Sign2cents:

If he's a tough minded kid, and I think he is, and a physically dominant LB'er, Wiscy will look pretty good. However, with the ceiling for Frost and company being incredibly high, the opportunity to get in on the ground floor could be very appealing. Risk takers and and people wired for aggressive opportunities thrive in those types of situations. just my :Sign2cents:

Agreed. The kind of person you'd want to hire.

There are worse places than Wisconsin to go play football, like Iowa. They have a history of good LB's and good academics. If the kid wants to go there more power to him, if he wants to come here that is great, if he wants to go to Notre Dame, then he is an idiot and we don't want him.;)
Superb observation! :Rolf:

I wouldn't overly "negative recruit" Wisconsin per se, but I'd make sure Henrich was well aware that Wisconsin is on defensive coordinator number three since 2015 (Aranda, Wilcox, Leonard) and are almost assuredly going to be replacing Leonard in the next few years. IIRC, one of the things that worried Will Honas last December was the realization that Leonard would likely be a HC very soon... just sayin.

I wouldn't overly "negative recruit" Wisconsin per se, but I'd make sure Henrich was well aware that Wisconsin is on defensive coordinator number three since 2015 (Aranda, Wilcox, Leonard) and are almost assuredly going to be replacing Leonard in the next few years. IIRC, one of the things that worried Will Honas last December was the realization that Leonard would likely be a HC very soon... just sayin.

Agree and if facilities are an issue I might point out that they need a massive refurbish of their stadium etc.

If that is what happens send him on his way. I only want kids who want to be here. He is a good LB but if his heart is not here. Oh well.
You obviously have a right to your opinion, but you don't have a right to his. That is a tired cliche'(the bold) and you really just don't know what is in his best interest(it also comes off as bitter--get off my lawn kid). If he decides that Wiscy is the place for him, then, good for him. "Send him on his way" is just selfish on your part imo. Where ever he lands, I hope he has a great future and a long career. GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back