• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 PF Chang offered - SDSU, SLCC, Mizzou

What a pathetic post.

Pathetic, huh.? I have disagreed respectfully with you in posts, but go ahead and lob that bomb. I'm pretty close to the situation here, as you know. I know a how it works. Go ahead and disagree, but screw you on that uncalled for bomb. Pathetic yourself, I have forgotten more about Husker hoops than you'll ever know.

Last edited:

Pathetic, huh.? I have disagreed respectfully with you in posts, but go ahead and lob that bomb. I'm pretty close to the situation here, as you know. I know a how it works. Go ahead and disagree, but screw you on that uncalled for bomb. Pathetic yourself, I have forgotten more about Husker hoops than you'll ever know.

You don’t have any more insight than 90% of the folks I associate with. Keep pumping your chest, but you don’t have a grasp on all things basketball related. Pathetic was quite accurate. The decisions being made are calculated, and predicated on the people available. No, we likely aren’t going to attract a great assistant, at least not a known quantity. As for recruits, I stated earlier we absolutely shouldn’t pay an extension in fear of losing players, or even an entire class. Your posts have a vibe of panic, and this isn’t a panicked decision, just as it wasn’t taken lightly.

Last edited:

We're some posts deleted? Just seemed like an odd exchange
I don’t think so. I don’t mean to be a jerk, and I know I wasn’t pleasant to Sandhills, but I see where Moos is going with this, and I’m sure he doesn’t see it as ideal, but it could be a minor blip on the radar in a year or 2 that becomes a home run.

I'm sure your reasons are sound, but why? If he did indeed have an offer pulled, and it wasn't because he ran into some serious legal issue, I'm not sure I don't at least have a conversation with the kid. Yes, he rejected us when we yanked the offer from his buddy, but I think that was a lack of maturity, and once he did it, he backed himself into a corner and couldn't get out of it. I saw a little bit of him play, and he's got some tools. He's local. His family and friends are still around. Sometimes being humbled a little gives people a change of heart.

Yeah, that didn’t sit well with me along with letting “handlers” talk him into an incredibly stupid decision. Plus, I’m not sure he can be a good player at this level, especially given his immaturity. Just saying what I would do.

Prep School is in his future if he can afford it... I think he will still get opportunities to play D1 or JUCO if he wants it.

Would like to see him at Nebraska and ready to play, I don't know that he's there which is why I asked originally. :)

Last edited:

Slightly off topic, but I got to wondering where Aguek Arop was these days, and I also found Aguir Agau. Arop is #2, Agau #13, and the first game highlights are of each of them dunking.

More info on the "prep" team - The-Skill-Factory (TSF): http://the-skill-factory.com/club-teams/tsf-post-grad/

The amount of pumping some of these coaches do is pretty funny. Doesn't Nebraska have 2 or 3 spots open and still doesn't want them? Just take the scholarship to the mid-major and be done with it.

The amount of pumping some of these coaches do is pretty funny. Doesn't Nebraska have 2 or 3 spots open and still doesn't want them? Just take the scholarship to the mid-major and be done with it.

Miles might have to offer any kid who dunks in a no-defense highlight video just to fill out his roster. He’s not going to be able to recruit in his current situation. Our basketball program is being mismanaged right now on multiple levels. A 2 year extension should have been offered immediately after the season if Miles was going to be retained. $2.2 million is worth 2 recruiting classes not being tanked. Roster talent helps during a coaching search. If this plays out the way I think it will, the next guy who takes this job may inherit a Barry Collier or Doc Sadler type of roster.

I see Nebraska reached out to Chang.

Last edited:

Miles might have to offer any kid who dunks in a no-defense highlight video just to fill out his roster. He’s not going to be able to recruit in his current situation. Our basketball program is being mismanaged right now on multiple levels. A 2 year extension should have been offered immediately after the season if Miles was going to be retained. $2.2 million is worth 2 recruiting classes not being tanked. Roster talent helps during a coaching search. If this plays out the way I think it will, the next guy who takes this job may inherit a Barry Collier or Doc Sadler type of roster.

I see Nebraska reaches out to Chang.
You’re right, I was in the boat I was ok with what Moos did because I thought Miles did well this year. Down B1G or not. But I don’t like he keeps him and doesn’t extend him. You’re delaying the inevitable, not allowing him to recruit, and not putting any faith for assistants to come here. Best case scenario is Palmer, Copeland, and Roby come back and we win a tourney game, but by the time we know that we can’t extend Miles fast enough to recruit to it. We are screwed for a few years.

Last edited:
You’re right, I was in the boat I was ok with what Moos did because I thought Miles did well this year. Down B1G or not. But I don’t like he keeps him and doesn’t extend him. You’re delaying the inevitable, not allowing him to recruit, and not putting any faith for assistants to come here. Best case scenario is Palmer, Copeland, and Roby come back and we win a tourney game, but by the time we know that we can’t extend Miles fast enough to recruit to it. We are screwed for a few years.

Yeah. Pretty much standard issue with Nebraska basketball. Perhaps someday I’ll write a book of how many mistakes our Athletic Department has made with our basketball program over the decades. It’s hard to criticize Moos’ vision for our basketball program as it’s not yet complete. I’ll wait, but man, it’s hard to not be concerned.

Miles needs the core team back including Copeland in a bad way.

I see Nebraska reached out to Chang.

They're already visiting him. Doesn't sound like an offer has been made yet though. They really need another PG.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back