• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 PF Chang offered - SDSU, SLCC, Mizzou

I didn't realize Taylor was from Nebraska, i thought he had transferred in, but evidently i don't watch it that closely. Was he from Omaha?
Sorry, I wasn't clear: Evan Taylor is from Cincinnati. I meant that type of "glue" player, that doesn't show up big on the box score but makes the team work better. I think there are guys like Evan that UNL can pull from in-state. That increases the "ownership" of the team by both fans and players. It's just more fun to cheer for a kid from Nebraska. There are several in-state players that Nebraska hasn't offered, and it's a bit frustrating to watch. Maybe Thor goes nuts this year and stretches the floor, but maybe he's just a taller Justin Costello.

Shereef Mitchell's dad played at UNL for a while, no offer. There's a grad transfer, Scott, from Omaha that hasn't heard from UNL. Even a walk-on/scholarship guy that had signed with Craig Smith at USD that didn't get a sniff who is looking at Creighton. Ed Chang, David Wingett, etc. There are players in Nebraska, they just don't play for Nebraska.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back