• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Walters talks offense & QB development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, your Mike Riley praise threads set a standard that nobody has been able to match. Why don't you start another one for us? We really miss reading about how Mike Riley is going take us back to the glory years.

We can discuss Troy Walters view of the offensive situation some other time.
So you are saying this isn't your greatest thread? Where do you think it ranks?

So you are saying this isn't your greatest thread? Where do you think it ranks?

I never think about stuff like that. I am too busy admiring your threads. They are the Greatest Threads of All.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
2 reasons
1. Our pro style qbs are way more highly rated than the ones at UCF were.
2. POB was mobile enough to be close to being called a DT QB and most think Gebbia is at least as mobile but he never had to use it in HS>

How exactly can someone interpret recruiting rankings in a way that can in any way measure how close a guy is to being classified as another type of player? Is there something out there that says player X is a pro-style passer, but if he had run for 50 more yards as a senior, we would rate him as a DT QB??

Nice post. The "point guard" reference hits the nail on the head.

Obviously Martinez has the "point guard" skills. From last year's spring game, I'd say Gebbia has them as well. I think one or the other will start this fall. I see Bunch as having more "point guard" skills than POB. I think POB will be no better than tied with Bunch for 3rd string after the spring practice depth chart is published.

I believe we recruited an "athlete" that could get a look at QB, so there may be another QB prospect in the mix.

Which QB can process large amounts of info the best? Obviously Gebbia will be hard to beat in that regard. They say he is a gym rat and a film room junkie.

QBs hold the most important positon on any team, so it will be a much discussed topic between now and our first game. Steve Sipple brought the topic to light. I thought it was a very good article.

Yep. Given basic ball skills and decent athleticism, I almost think it’s the mental characteristics that will decide a qb’s success in this system. Quick thinking, competitive as heck, mentally tough, turnover avoidant.

I thought it was interesting that SF was one of the only coaches who offered that Matthew Tago a chance to compete at QB if he committed. Tago would have been more of a “fullback at qb” like SF has referred to himself in the past. I would think that a Scott Frost and a T. Frazier both would have excelled in this offense (as well as Jamaal Lord, Crouch, Berringer).

But you are right, the Qb drives the whole machine. Can’t wait to see it all shake out.

I never think about stuff like that.
That's hard to believe given your past history of bragging on threads reaching 200 replies and 10,000 views. I noticed that you spent the better part of three weeks continually trying to pump life into your "New Idea" thread. I got a lot of yuks out of that thread. I think that you could do the same with this thread if you work hard enough.

BTW, I was serious earlier about this being your best thread, but I guess you weren't looking for a compliment, just a way to fuel more posts and views.

Last edited:
BTW, I was serious earlier about this being your best thread, but I guess you weren't looking for a compliment.

And I was serious about your Mike Riley praise threads. I thought they were your best threads. I am surprised nobody agreed with me.

I guess many thought that your Bo Pelini knuckle dragger threads were your best.

Solesrfr pretends to place great value in supporting a sitting HC. Did he ever chastise you for not supporting Coach Pelini?

Last edited:

And I was serious about your Mike Riley praise threads. I thought they were your best threads. I am surprised nobody agreed with me.

I guess many thought that your Bo Pelini knuckle dragger posts were your best.

Solesrfr pretends to place great value in supporting a sitting HC. Did he ever chastise you for not supporting Coach Pelini?

i_know_you_are_pee_wee_herman.gif

I guess many thought that your Bo Pelini knuckle dragger posts were your best.

Since you edited your post and included me I will answer. My favorite was when I hit him with this gem.

C

They were outstanding threads though ultimately they proved to be wrong and nothing more than a bunch of sunshine pumping. In just a few months, I'll get started with some interesting SF sunshine pumping threads.[/QUOTE]

I can hardly wait!

cuz

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I guess many thought that your Bo Pelini knuckle dragger threads were your best.

Missed this earlier, but I never called Bo a knuckle dragger...I called him a lot of other things, but not that.

They were outstanding threads though ultimately they proved to be wrong and nothing more than a bunch of sunshine pumping. In just a few months, I'll get started with some interesting SF sunshine pumping threads.

I'm curious. Do you think your Bo Pelini dis threads were your best?

:Confused:

Last edited:
It appears SF's tendency is to go with the QBs who have the best running ability - - Holman, Milton & Patti in 2016 - - Milton and Vedral in 2017. Base on that tendency, I predict the post-spring depth chart will be:

1. Martinez
2. Gebbia
3. Andrew Bunch
4. O'Brien

Combined, I think NU has more running and passing ability at QB than UCF had in 2016, but that is not saying a whole lot.[/QUOTE]

You seriously think if O'Brien is behind Andrew Bunch at the end of spring ball he will even be on the "post-spring depth chart?"

I agree. It appears our Pro-style QBs can run quite well. They are probably better passers than what UCF had. I think our O-Line will be much better than UCF's 2016 O-line. I think that will be the biggest reason why NU's 2018 offense will not finish anywhere near 113th tin total offense.

I saw O'Brien run last season. Marginal at best IMHO.

Did you see Bunch run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back