• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Walters talks offense & QB development

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Stanley Jackson feels that playing experience is more valuable than the star rankings you admire so much. Jackson does not know if a grad transfer is available that could help SF's offense. He was just saying that it would be a good idea for SF to look for one.

Jackson is not going to bet on NU to win the West until he knows that we have a capable game day QB. Right now, nobody knows if NU has a capable starting QB...not even you Mr. Shrine.

But Jackson and everyone else will know by at least mid-September.

Stanley Jackson is a
170px-Tool-logo-early.jpg

Fair question. I can because I remember that being a point of discussion when he was recruited. Some even pointed out that MR was recruiting him because he was learning from having TA that a statue is not the best type of QB to have. Then Gebbia had like three runs in last years spring game and suddenly he is a mobile QB and POB is a statue. If he had duplicated or improved on this Jr rushing stats 143 carries for 645 yds ypc of 4.5 ypg 58. it is pretty easy to put him in the DT category. Actually when you compare Jr HS seasons only. TA and POB have very similar stats. TA 102 carries/490 yds, 4.8 YPC, YPG 32.7. So again the numbers match up. By comparison Gebbia who everyone is touting, His best year was his senior year for rushing 77 carries/293 yds, 3.8 YPC and YPG 19.5. So if you just look at those stats. Who appears to be the better DT QB.
Different philosophies at their respective high schools. If the players had switched schools, Gebbia would've racked up a lot more yards rushing (and O'Brien would've racked up a lot more yards passing)/

Different philosophies at their respective high schools. If the players had switched schools, Gebbia would've racked up a lot more yards rushing (and O'Brien would've racked up a lot more yards passing)/
Possibly, all we have to go on is what they did.

In other words, Jackson doesn't know crap about any of NUs QBs, and, rather than take the time to look feels NU will have a better shot with someone he can't name.

I assume that you have taken the time to look at our QBs. You must know more about our QBs than Stanley Jackson.

Can you tell us who will be our starter this year and why? Can you tell us how good our staring QB is going to be in SF's' new offense? All Big 10? Middle of the pack? Bottom 4?

Stan Jackson knows the star ratings of our QBs as well as you do. But he claims to have no idea how any of our QBs will perform in an actual FBS football game. Why don't you do it for him...for us...after all, you know our QBs better than he does.

In this here thread, we are talking about the 2018 season. If we have a QB capable of taking us to the Big West title this season, please tell us who it is and why. Do we have more than one?

Tell us what that dummy Stan Jackson doesn't already know!

NOTE: A grad transfer QB is a proven FBS commodity. A QB on NU's current roster is not...unless Mr. Shrine can prove otherwise.

Last edited:
I assume that you have taken the time to look at our QBs. You must know more about our QBs than Stanley Jackson.

Can you tell us who will be our starter this year and why? Can you tell us how good our staring QB is going to be in SF's' new offense? All Big 10? Middle of the pack? Bottom 4?

Stan Jackson knows the star ratings of our QBs as well as you do. But he claims to have no idea how any of our QBs will perform in an actual FBS football game. Why don't you do it for him...for us...after all, you know our QBs better than he does.

In this here thread, we are talking about the 2018 season. If we have a QB capable of taking us to the Big West title this season, please tell us who it is and why. Do we have more than one?

Tell us what that dummy Stan Jackson doesn't already know!

NOTE: A grad transfer QB is a proven FBS commodity. A QB on NU's current roster is not...unless Mr. Shrine can prove otherwise.

Stanley Jackson really !?! What exactly makes him an expert on anything? His qualifications for his current job is he used to be OSU's QB. Quite the talent evaluating resume.

Fair question. I can because I remember that being a point of discussion when he was recruited. Some even pointed out that MR was recruiting him because he was learning from having TA that a statue is not the best type of QB to have. Then Gebbia had like three runs in last years spring game and suddenly he is a mobile QB and POB is a statue. If he had duplicated or improved on this Jr rushing stats 143 carries for 645 yds ypc of 4.5 ypg 58. it is pretty easy to put him in the DT category. Actually when you compare Jr HS seasons only. TA and POB have very similar stats. TA 102 carries/490 yds, 4.8 YPC, YPG 32.7. So again the numbers match up. By comparison Gebbia who everyone is touting, His best year was his senior year for rushing 77 carries/293 yds, 3.8 YPC and YPG 19.5. So if you just look at those stats. Who appears to be the better DT QB.

Adam Taylor had great HS stats. Almost 300 yards in a Texas HS championship game at the highest level they play HS football in Texas.

He was a 4 *. I looked at the film of him in that HS championship game and said on this board, before he even arrived at NU, that he would be no better than mediocre. He never played much for DONU.

I use the eye test. Why should I care what Gebbia and POB did as runners in HS when I have seen them run at the FBS level?

Using the eye test, I'd say POB is the 4th best running QB on our team.

And along with that, last season the 4* POB was playing behind a 3* QB who was really bad. Not very impressive, IMHO.

For what it is worth, here are POBs FBS rushing stats

14 carries - 4 total yards - .3 yards per carry.

Last edited:
Stanley Jackson really !?! What exactly makes him an expert on anything? His qualifications for his current job is he used to be OSU's QB. Quite the talent evaluating resume.

Myself, I am more curious about what makes Big Red Shrine an expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back