• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Absolutely Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this. Who isn't accepting that Riley has failed here? Who has said you don't have a right to bitch? I said Dennis was bitching about Riley's meaningless press conference because he's angry that the team sucks. It appears that you agree with me.

Actually he doesn't agree with you. He is saying Dennis had the right to Bitch. In your original post you implied......at least most of read it that way......that Dennis was out of line bitching. Maybe we read it wrong.

The appearance of vindictiveness isn't about supporting the head coach. Its about the treatment towards anyone that called this train wreck early on. And now their attempts to play it off as "just supporting the coach". Many on here have changed the goal posts. They went from saying how great Riley was and criticizing anyone who didn't believe them to all of a sudden saying.....well it turned out he couldn't make it work but the critics still deserved it because we were just supporting our coach.

Saw VERY little, if any of "how great Riley" was but did see much hope in how he could possibly do more with more.
The appearance of predicting failure before practice #1 will always carry with it the perception of lack of support.
So, label me ( seems to be what is wanted and needed here) as a Riley supporter......and pre-label me as a supporter of whoever may be the next HC.

Actually he doesn't agree with you. He is saying Dennis had the right to Bitch. In your original post you implied......at least most of read it that way......that Dennis was out of line bitching. Maybe we read it wrong.

I didn't say Dennis was out of line. I was saying he's looking for reasons to be angry at Mike Riley because Riley is failing which is a natural reaction for fans. I later explained that I did the same thing Saturday. Before all of that, though, I stated that I didn't know why took coach speak so literally. Dennis snarkily replied to me and Berry, who happened to agree with me. It was his reaction to a harmless comment that brought me to the conclusion that he was just angry. Then you got involved and crap just went downhill from there. /thread

So what if many of us supported MR?
Is it that important (Guess so?) for everyone here to be labeled? Is it so important (to some) that they HAVE to continuously remind EVERYONE how they felt when he was hired?
Yes...I was a Riley supporter. I had HOPE that he could do more with more. Didn't work. Move on.
I have never seen some fans being so vindictive because of other fans support for a Nebraska HC.

I think there are a few posters here who are trying to reinvent themselves. Riley arrived here possessing many warts that a few of you didn't want to see discussed. So you accused anyone mentioning those warts of being someone who was "butt hurt about Bo." I mean, there could be no other reason, because Mike was so wonderful, right?

Last edited:

The appearance of vindictiveness isn't about supporting the head coach. Its about the treatment towards anyone that called this train wreck early on. And now their attempts to play it off as "just supporting the coach". Many on here have changed the goal posts. They went from saying how great Riley was and criticizing anyone who didn't believe them to all of a sudden saying.....well it turned out he couldn't make it work but the critics still deserved it because we were just supporting our coach.

The only person on here claiming Riley was great is the one who refers to himself as the greatest fan. I've consistently said he's a good coach and a good man. I've also acknowledged that he failed here. All of those things are true and in the end it is his failing that will get him fired. The rest of your post is obviously directed at me so if you're going to go there at least get your poop in a group. You guys playing the victim card is cute and all, but you don't get to make stuff up to support it.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you understand what "shifting the goalposts" means. It's about dismissing the claim. No one is denying that people who have been crapping on the coaches since the NIU game (or earlier, heck some as early as the BYU game) were right. The general issue has been that many never actually gave the coaches a chance in the first place.

Saw VERY little, if any of "how great Riley" was but did see much hope in how he could possibly do more with more.
The appearance of predicting failure before practice #1 will always carry with it the perception of lack of support.
So, label me ( seems to be what is wanted and needed here) as a Riley supporter......and pre-label me as a supporter of whoever may be the next HC.

You only see what you want to see. Again.......I'll explain this to you. Its not about being a supporter. Its about the ones who were very hard on posters that dared recognize the train wreck early.

I think there are a few posters here who are trying to reinvent themselves. Riley arrived here possessing many warts that a few of you didn't want to see discussed. So you accused anyone mentioning those warts of being someone who was "butt hurt about Bo." I mean, there could be other reason, because Mike was so wonderful, right?
He absolutely had some warts and they revealed themselves in some pretty spectacular losses. Too many losses in fact. There are some posters here who were butt hurt about Bo. That was also true. It turns out that maybe they had some reason to be butthurt. As far as reinventing themselves, I think I've been pretty consistent wouldn't you think? I'm still here defending Riley the man while admitting he failed. Does admitting he failed mean that I am "reinventing" myself? I did that with Bo until the very end and even then I didn't like the vitriol leveled at him. I hated what he said to the players as he was walking out the door, but that's because I expect more from a leader.

I think there are a few posters here who are trying to reinvent themselves. Riley arrived here possessing many warts that a few of you didn't want to see discussed. So you accused anyone mentioning those warts of being someone who was "butt hurt about Bo." I mean, there could be other reason, because Mike was so wonderful, right?

At this moment I truly don't know why I am even responding to this....but
I was one who couldn't stand BO....and couldn't fathom how anyone could....BUT never accused anyone of anything. Especially on an internet forum.
Never had the derire to discuss the many warts that Riley had (to what end?).....only professed hope that with MORE he would do MORE.
He had become the HC at Nebraska..........support was all we could do. Right? Bitching about it would have, and didn't do any good.

So what if we supported Mike Riley............c'mon man.

Pretty much nailed it. I haven't even got into the "butt hurt about Bo" label they put on anyone that dared question Riley's competence.

Perhaps that was because you were too busy typing it? ;) Let's be honest. You would have happy if the Memorial Stadium janitor was named head coach, simply because he wasn't Bo.

We have to be more selective this time.

You only see what you want to see. Again.......I'll explain this to you. Its not about being a supporter. Its about the ones who were very hard on posters that dared recognize the train wreck early.

Only thing I wanted AND want to see is support for whomever the HC at Nebraska is or will be.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you understand what "shifting the goalposts" means. It's about dismissing the claim. No one is denying that people who have been crapping on the coaches since the NIU game (or earlier, heck some as early as the BYU game) were right. The general issue has been that many never actually gave the coaches a chance in the first place.

The shifting of the goal posts is referencing the defense of the Riley fanatics. For over two years they used a lot of sunshine and excuses to disclaim any of the evidence the Riley critics presented. Now they are shifting to the whole "I was just supporting Riley" defense.

Perhaps that was because you were too busy typing it? ;) Let's be honest. You would have happy if the Memorial Stadium janitor was named head coach, simply because he wasn't Bo.

We have to be more selective this time.

Since labeling and identifying Riley supporters is the pitch fork of the day.....sharpen it up for me.....and please pre-label me a supporter of the next HC.

At this moment I truly don't know why I am even responding to this....but
I was one who couldn't stand BO....and couldn't fathom how anyone could....BUT never accused anyone of anything. Especially on an internet forum.

Exactly. You made that obvious to everyone for many years prior to his firing. I'm simply pointing out that you were just as extreme as HIO. If you don't realize that and aren't able to admit that, I don't know what to say. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back