• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Absolutely Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

People that are dead wrong usually try to spin it in a way that make sure that they not look so foolish. It really doesn't matter. It's known who they all are. No words can change anything. It's known.

I wish one of you would find anywhere where I said Riley was a lock to be successful. I'll tell you why you can't, because it never happened. And you weren't just expressing your disbelief in Riley. You were calling him a loser and saying he sucked...in every damn thread and nearly every damn day. I'll never apologize for supporting the coach of NU. I supported all the coaches before Riley and I'll support whoever comes after.

I wish one of you would find anywhere where I said Riley was a lock to be successful. I'll tell you why you can't, because it never happened. And you weren't just expressing your disbelief in Riley. You were calling him a loser and saying he sucked...in every damn thread and nearly every damn day. I'll never apologize for supporting the coach of NU. I supported all the coaches before Riley and I'll support whoever comes after.
Who said he wasn't supported? Hell, even I wanted him to win, he coaches the Cornhuskers for crying out loud. I just knew it was the minuscule of minuscule's that he could. It was spelled out to any who sought. I've said many times over, i used to laugh at schools who may have sought him out, thinking, boy, I guess they want to keep losing. Low and behold, somehow, some fool hires him to coach the Cornhuskers.

And yes, he is a loser as far as on the field. He is going to leave here exactly where he's been his entire coaching career, .500. He's a winner in life, but on the field, not so much. I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings for just telling the truth. It's not personal.

Who said he wasn't supported? Hell, even I wanted him to win, he coaches the Cornhuskers for crying out loud. I just knew it was the minuscule of minuscule's that he could. It was spelled out to any who sought. I've said many times over, i used to laugh at schools who may have sought him out, thinking, boy, I guess they want to keep losing. Low and behold, somehow, some fool hires him to coach the Cornhuskers.

And yes, he is a loser as far as on the field. He is going to leave here exactly where he's been his entire coaching career, .500. He's a winner in life, but on the field, not so much. I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings for just telling the truth. It's not personal.
And you're a career .500 poster if you think calling the head coach of your team a loser everyday for three years is support. You never hurt my feelings, btw. You did, however, annoy the crap out of me as you did most everyone else on the board the past three years. Thank God that all comes to an end in two weeks...hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mack...

tumblr_no9d35J0qA1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

And you're a career .500 poster if you think calling the head coach of your team a loser everyday for three years is support. You never hurt my feelings, btw. You did, however, annoy the crap out of me as you did most everyone else on the board the past three years. Thank God that all comes to an end in two weeks...hopefully.

I doubt this comes to end in two weeks. At least not with you two. I'll be the first to admit that HIO has been loud and consistent in his negative messages about MR. And you know why? Because he's been carrying the message for many posters that were unwilling to jump into the fire and expose themselves to the kickback he received. I'm on three boards and this board has a unique character about it more so than any other. It has been an extreme Pro-Riley board. 90% of the posts regarding coaching staff were pro-Riley. And even though the individual that carried most of that other 10% was correct he is still getting beat up.

Right now you are seeing the effects. The dynamics of this board have changed so much in the last 3 weeks that many posters who have refrained from posting are suddenly excited about participating in the discussions and for the future of Nebraska football. I have never seen so many posters I barely recognize expressing their displeasure of this staff. For the first time in 3 years they are getting to express their feelings without getting beat up. I'm in a Lincoln Haymarket business that gives me the opportunity to talk to a lot of Husker fans. I can tell you without a doubt the level of acceptance towards Riley the last three years has not even been close to what it is on this forum. HIO would be on the extreme side of critical but he is much closer to the average fan. That is why we are seeing the average fan start posting again.

I'm not sure that these wounds will ever heal between HIO or not but nobody can ever truthfully argue he didn't have this called from the beginning.

These kinds of statements just baffle me. I realize people think he did outstanding at OSU, given what he had to work with, but when I look at his records there, it just confirms to me that Mike Riley, as nice of a guy as he is, and as decent of a human being as he is, just is not a good football coach....and in some areas, seems absolutely clueless to me. Given the current state of the program, you just don't make such asinine comments as these.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-coach-mike-riley-issues-except-games

I think this points to one of the main reasons HCMR has not been successful here. If practice “success” isn’t translating into wins on the field, maybe you need to change your concept of what a “successful practice” is.

So what if many of us supported MR?
Is it that important (Guess so?) for everyone here to be labeled? Is it so important (to some) that they HAVE to continuously remind EVERYONE how they felt when he was hired?
Yes...I was a Riley supporter. I had HOPE that he could do more with more. Didn't work. Move on.
I have never seen some fans being so vindictive because of other fans support for a Nebraska HC.

Is it that important (Guess so?) for everyone here to be labeled? Is it so important (to some) that they HAVE to continuously remind EVERYONE how they felt when he was hired?
Yes...I was a Riley supporter. I had HOPE that he could do more with more. Didn't work. Move on.
I have never seen some fans being so vindictive because of other fans support for a Nebraska HC.
Its so they can post again.

Hard to believe, anyone can accept what is happening; MR has failed miserably, and we have a right to bitch!

Just saw this. Who isn't accepting that Riley has failed here? Who has said you don't have a right to bitch? I said Dennis was bitching about Riley's meaningless press conference because he's angry that the team sucks. It appears that you agree with me.

The appearance of vindictiveness isn't about supporting the head coach. Its about the treatment towards anyone that called this train wreck early on. And now their attempts to play it off as "just supporting the coach". Many on here have changed the goal posts. They went from saying how great Riley was and criticizing anyone who didn't believe them to all of a sudden saying.....well it turned out he couldn't make it work but the critics still deserved it because we were just supporting our coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back