• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba Starling ain't coming to Lincoln . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerInSunDiego

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
This guy is probably going to be the first pick in the MLB draft. No-way, no-how does he pass up $10 million to come to Lincoln to play football. If he was born and raised in Nebraska, there might be a slight chance. The money is just to great to pass up.

If any underclassman on our football team was projected as the #1 pick in the NFL draft, would anybody expect him to return? No. Then why would we expect Bubba to pass up the same? So, why did he commit to NU? It can't hurt his bargaining power for negotiating his contract. Bubba committing to NU is like buying auto insurance - - you hope to never use it, but, on the off chance you need it, it will be there.

One bad hit and his baseball career is over. Too much to risk.

Playing college football is an experience that one may never get, especially at a top tier program such as Nebraska. I can see this guy coming here, enjoying the time of his life, which will be something he will never forget. Then again, I can see him finding it hard to resist temptation of millions of dollars. He knows that he can go play pro baseball after his college football career and I hope he decides to do just that. I wish him the best of luck in whatever he chooses to do.

This guy is probably going to be the first pick in the MLB draft. No-way, no-how does he pass up $10 million to come to Lincoln to play football. If he was born and raised in Nebraska, there might be a slight chance. The money is just to great to pass up.

If any underclassman on our football team was projected as the #1 pick in the NFL draft, would anybody expect him to return? No. Then why would we expect Bubba to pass up the same? So, why did he commit to NU? It can't hurt his bargaining power for negotiating his contract. Bubba committing to NU is like buying auto insurance - - you hope to never use it, but, on the off chance you need it, it will be there.

Well aren't we just the little ray of sunshine this morning!!!

Agree, that it's not likely but it's not February yet so I'm willing to wait and see.

Well aren't we just the little ray of sunshine this morning!!!

Agree, that it's not likely but it's not February yet so I'm willing to wait and see.

Doc, he's all flush from winning the 'dark side' award. Back to spread some more of his "cheer."

That said, I highly doubt we see Bubba. Way too much to risk...

IIRC, even if he signs a letter of intent, he can still go pro in baseball up until he enrolls in school in August?

So even if we actually sign him, it won't matter until the first day of class....

It's hardly worth a thread to announce this.

In other news, grass is green, birds fly, and waves pound the sand.

ThotDoc: Posts Per Day 89.59

Unbelievable!

5023fbee.gif

I was looking for a little News here. I didn't see anything that 95% of us haven't already thought about or maybe Husker in SD just had this occur to him and felt he better tell the rest of us? What else could it have been?

This will cheer you up!

http://www.kidstube.com/play.php?vid=4536

FWIW folks he will sign in Feb....doesn't have to a make a decision on the major league draft (which will be in June) until late summer....which is why I'm not sure why so many folks think he won't sign a letter of intent in Feb to play football/baseball for Nebraska?....at that point in time he has no clue where he will be drafted or how much money he will be offered....so why cut his nose off to spite himself?....so yeah he will sign with Nebraska in Feb and will make it to campus in June....what happens after that is anyone's guess....but you never know maybe he actually wants to play football....we might all be surprised....

Oh and this is recruiting....we do have a forum for that...:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back