• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost lands #1 Go5 recruiting class

I might be willing to buy your trolling denial had you stuck to discussing SF and UCF.

But your comments about HCMR and the Huskers class (which appear to have been edited) make it a tough sell.

It not about wishing an ex Husker does well as a coach Paramus. It is more about the fact that you post anything and everything about SF and the Central Florida Knights. I hope SF has a great coaching career and does great things at UCF, but other than looking at a score and seeing if they won or lost I don't care what is going on with the UCF football program. I feel the same way about Liberty University, Ohio University, and Youngstown St.

This is just some sort of passive/aggrasive way of showing your displeasure with what you don't like at Nebraska.

I get, and everyone else gets, that you don't like MR as the coach of Nebraska and think SF should be the coach at Nebraska. But you have got to understand your are going to get heat for this obsession with SF and the UCF Knights.

Tom Osborne could still be the HC at UNL winning NC's every other year and I would still be rooting for SF and UCF.

I have NEVER said that SF should replace MR as the UNL HC. I said that PJ Fleck should.

I will admit that I think SF is as good or better than MR, but that ship has passed. Plus, I do not believe that SF will ever accept the UNL HCing position.

So believe it or not, this thread is about giving an atta boy to a former Husker. There is nothing more to it than that. SF is ours no more, nor will he ever be, but he will always be a Husker.

So lets get back on topic. Are you happy for Scott? Are you impressed with his recruiting class?

Last edited:
Tom Osborne could still be the HC at UNL winning NC's every other year and I would still be rooting for SF and UCF.

Now that I cleared that up, know that this thread is about UCF's recruiting class. I have no idea why you are trying examine me.

And please, quit making false assumptions about me. I have NEVER said that SF should replace MR as the UNL HC. I said that PJ Fleck should.

I will admit that I think SF is a better HC than MR, but that ship has passed. Plus, I do not believe that SF will ever accept the UNL HCing position. So please stop with your false accusations. You are clueless.

Please, just stick to the OP. Thanks

I think Scott needs a few more years before a good judgement can be made. He is going to have a tough time recruiting down there. I know UCF has had a couple good years, but at least at Oregon there was 'Thing' what ever you want to call it, that brought kids to Oregon, uniforms - nike, what ever. UCF is going to need to separate itself from the rest of the schools down there for them to be truly successful. Good thing at least there is a lot of talent around him.

I have NEVER said that SF should replace MR as the UNL HC. I said that PJ Fleck should.

I will admit that I think SF is a better HC than MR, but that ship has passed. Plus, I do not believe that SF will ever accept the UNL HCing position.

So believe it or not, this thread is about giving an atta boy to a former Husker. There is nothing more to it than that. SF is ours no more, nor will he ever be, but he will always be a Husker.

So lets get back on topic. Are you happy for Scott? Are you impressed with his recruiting class?

Whatever you say man. :Rockon:

Whatever you say man. :Rockon:

Or whatever you want to believe. I have posted countless times about SF & UCF. I have never said that SF should be the HC at Nebraska. I have never said that I wish he was. If I ever did, it would easy for you to find. The only place you will find that idea is in your imagination.

I stated on this board that I wish PJ Fleck was our HC, and I admit it. If I wished SF was our HC, I would admit that, too. Regarding SF, my only wish is that he does what he thinks is best for him and that he finds success...and maybe I feel like I owe him that. SF gave us the most exciting season we have had in the past 20 years.

Last edited:
I think Scott needs a few more years before a good judgement can be made. He is going to have a tough time recruiting down there. I know UCF has had a couple good years, but at least at Oregon there was 'Thing' what ever you want to call it, that brought kids to Oregon, uniforms - nike, what ever. UCF is going to need to separate itself from the rest of the schools down there for them to be truly successful. Good thing at least there is a lot of talent around him.

If UNL ever offers a football fantasy camp and I attend, who knows, I might come away more impressed with MR than I was SF.

When I attended the UCF camp, I only knew SF as a player. I wanted to see how he was as the rookie HC of a football program. I was completely objective about it. I was not expecting too much, but I was curious. It was a bucket list type deal.

Well, I was very surprised. SF was in total command...like he had been a HC for a decade. He is a strong, steady leader (he has a strong command presence). He is smart. Great communicator. Very confident. Does not leave any stone unturned...pays attention to detail. Can juggle 100 balls at once with no stress. Cares about people and knows how to grow them. He is a trailblazer. He has that Osborne-like focus...can't be distracted from the goal. Has a high moral character. He is ultra competitive. He has a clear vision and he is on a mission.

If he has a weakness, it might be that he does not have a personality like PJ Fleck that can create instant excitement. SF is pretty reserved. But SF has a degree of charisma, and overall, IMHO, SF has all the right stuff to be an exceptional HC.

Give me a chance to see MR in action doing his job and I might discover the same things about MR.

I think the UCF program is in very capable hands. I am sure the UCF AD thinks so too.

Last edited:
If UNL ever offers a football fantasy camp and I attend, who knows, I might come away more impressed with MR than I was SF.

When I attended the UCF camp, I only knew SF as a player. I wanted to see how he was as the head of a football program.

I was being completely objective while I was there. I could use many adjectives to describe him. I'll limit it to the basics. He is a strong, steady leader (he has command presence). He is smart. Great communicator. Very confident. Does not leave any stone unturned...pays attention to detail. Can juggle 100 balls at once with no stress. Cares about people and knows how to grow them. He is a trailblazer. He is ultra competitive. He has a clear vision and he is on a mission.

If he has a weakness, it might be that he does not have a personality like PJ Fleck that can create instant excitement. SF is pretty reserved. But SF has a degree of charisma, and overall, IMHO, SF has all the right stuff to be an exceptional HC.

Give me a chance to see MR in action doing his job and I might discover the same things about MR.

I think the UCF program is in very capable hands. I am sure the UCF AD thinks so too.

None of that surprises me about SF, I am sure he is quite capable, and though I don't know either one if you listen to the people that know MR, SF and MR seemed to share a lot of similar traits.

I might be willing to buy your trolling denial had you stuck to discussing SF and UCF.

But your comments about HCMR and the Huskers class (which appear to have been edited) make it a tough sell.

I give SF an atta boy and people think I am trolling & subtly telling people that SF should be our HC. I give MR and atta boy as well and people think I am trolling again.

It sure would be nice if the folks with paranoid disorders would stop visiting my threads.

:wow:

Last edited:
People talk about UCF like it is a small school tucked away in a little known part of Florida, when in all actuality it has the largest undergraduate student population in the country. UCF may not have the history and legacy of FSU, Florida, and Miami but there is no reason that a good coach should not be successful there.

None of that surprises me about SF, I am sure he is quite capable, and though I don't know either one if you listen to the people that know MR, SF and MR seemed to share a lot of similar traits.

I would say all FBS coaches share traits like SF's to one degree or another. Most of them are exceptional leaders and all of them are at least good leaders. There are only 128 of them. If I spent three days at all 128 FBS schools I am sure I would be impressed with nearly all of them. But SF was the only one I saw up close, and he is the only one I can comment on with any authority.

SF's assistant coaches were very impressive as well. All of them are smart and energetic and they pour themselves into what they do. I would expect most if not all FBS coaching staffs are like that. My goodness, coaches have to win to stay employed, so all of them are fighting for their livelihoods. I am sure all of them are highly motivated.

Ryan Held, a former UNL WR who has 3 NC rings is UCF's RB's coach. I'll bet Husker fans know nothing about him, but he is an absolute wild man. His enthusiasm and love for CF knows no bounds. UNL's WR coach seems like that, and Diaco does as well. There are fine CF coaches all over the place. I have only seen a handful of them up close.

Although I think SF has the right stuff, I have never claimed him to be the Husker solution. SF is definitely not the only capable HC available to UNL. There are lots of them (for example, see Colorado). You will not see me lobbying for SF to be UNL's next HC.

I would like to see PJ Fleck as the UNL HC because CF is entertainment and PJ Fleck is pure entertainment. He is very unique, like UNL football used to be. PJ says that recruiting is the lifeblood of a football program and I think a unique, energetic, enthusiastic personality like PJ's would be able to take UNL recruiting to a higher level as much as anything other than winning championships.

I am a Husker fan. I am a SF fan. I am a Diaco fan. I am a Federer fan. I am a Serena Williams fan. I was an Ali fan. I was a Borg fan and a McEnroe fan. Federer does not have to be the HC of UNL for me to enjoy his career, and neither does SF.

Every time I post about SF, some simple-minded & hateful HuskerMaxers see it as an anti-Riley campaign when in truth it is just a pro-SF campaign. It is that simple.

I guess for some HuskerMaxers, if you are not exclusively a fan of the Husker HC, you are wrong.

My (not impressed) view of MR is not related to my SF fandom. Believe me, my comments about MR stand on their own and would be the same even if SF was a full time missionary in South America.

Last edited:
Oh, Oh. I just found a fellow that is very impressed with UCF's recruiting class and thinks that Orlando is becoming a recruiting destination as much as a vacation destination.

Wow! This is unheard of! It's unbelievable!

How could anyone possibly write good things about SF when they know darn well that MR is the HC at Nebraska! It is obvious that his guy has an anti-Riley agenda! He's just a troll!

:mad:

Look at what this guy said!...

"Orlando is no longer just a vacation destination, it's now a recruiting destination. And you have Scott Frost and his extraordinary coaching staff to thank for that."

This guy obviously thinks that SF should be the HC at Nebraska. He appears to be fair and objective, but he doesn't fool me! I know what his true agenda is!

http://ucf.247sports.com/Article/Great-Scott-UCF-now-a-recruiting-destination-51073581

Last edited:

Oh, Oh. I just found a fellow that is very impressed with UCF's recruiting class and thinks that Orlando is becoming a recruiting destination as much as a vacation destination.

Wow! This is unheard of! It's unbelievable!

How could anyone possibly write good things about SF when they know darn well that MR is the HC at Nebraska! It is obvious that his guy has an anti-Riley agenda! He's just a troll!

:mad:

Look at what this guy said!...

"Orlando is no longer just a vacation destination, it's now a recruiting destination. And you have Scott Frost and his extraordinary coaching staff to thank for that."

This guy obviously thinks that SF should be the HC at Nebraska. He appears to be fair and objective, but he doesn't fool me! I know what his true agenda is!

http://ucf.247sports.com/Article/Great-Scott-UCF-now-a-recruiting-destination-51073581
You realize the guy who wrote that graduated from Central Florida right?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back