• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost lands #1 Go5 recruiting class

I completely agree.

I would really like to see Frost as the head coach at Nebraska some day.....as in when Riley retires...he should have some great recruiting connections built in Florida by then. Perfect.

Yes, Frost is developing Florida connections. Good point. That is a definite plus.

A 4 star RB who committed to Maryland somehow switched to UCF the day after signing day, pushing UCF to #54 on the 247 sports list, which gives UCF the #1 recruiting class amongst all of the Group of 5 conferences. Of course, that is tops in the AAC as well.

For those who do not know, the Group of 5 conferences are the 5 FBS conferences outside the Power 5 conferences. They include the American Athletic (12 teams), Conference USA (13 teams), Mid-American (12 teams), Mountain West (12 teams), and the Sun Belt (11 teams). That is a total of 60 FBS teams.

#1 out of 60 Go5 teams. That is pretty impressive.

Scott says that he still has 2 scholarships in reserve for any transfers that want to come to UCF, and says it is something he does intentionally. He did that last year and picked up a transfer from U of Alabama and a freshman DT from U of Virginia that became a starter. Looks like Riley is doing the same thing.

UCF is in a better recruiting location that most teams in the Go5 and AAC, so I am not going to use this thread to declare SF & staff are great recruiters, but they did well.

Congratulations to Scott Frost and UCF. I am sure SF's boss, Danny White is pleased.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Congratulations to Mike Riley and his staff as well. According to the 247 team rankings, the Husker 2017 class was quite good.

:mr: "Alles ist klar, Paramus, but I am sure that hate mail from the usual suspects will be forthcoming. GBR!"

Sorry if this was talked about earlier, I just kind of wanted to respond to you. Is the running back that signed late the one that did the balloon in outer space? If so do you know what happened? I think UCF did very well and I hope Scott succeeds. He is going to have a tough time with all the big name coaches in Florida, but if he wins a bit it could get exciting down there. Lots of talent. I do feel bad that he had some decommits but if those kids don't want to be there better they leave now before taking a spot that some else wants.

Sorry if this was talked about earlier, I just kind of wanted to respond to you. Is the running back that signed late the one that did the balloon in outer space? If so do you know what happened? I think UCF did very well and I hope Scott succeeds. He is going to have a tough time with all the big name coaches in Florida, but if he wins a bit it could get exciting down there. Lots of talent. I do feel bad that he had some decommits but if those kids don't want to be there better they leave now before taking a spot that some else wants.

You are correct...he is the weather balloon guy. He publically committed to Maryland on signing day but then sent his LOI to UCF! Both Durkin and Frost were caught completely off guard by this young fellow. Unprecedented! I hope SF can help this guy get grounded. I would not be surprised if the guy enrolls at Rutgers this fall!

:Lol: fascinating story....

On Wednesday, Cordarrian Richardson "committed in space" to Maryland. On Thursday, he came back down to earth and signed with UCF.

The news caps off a whirlwhind process for the four-star running back from Memphis, who originaly had been committed to Clemson before reopening his recruitment in recent weeks, first visiting UCF, then Ole Miss and Rutgers.

He was expected to announce from those three on signing day, then at the last minute thought he might delay that decision in order to visit Michigan State this coming weekend. But those plans were quickly scrapped and he was back to the original three finalists, so he said.

But on signing day, via a pre-coordinated video with Bleacher Report that featured a high-altitude weather balloon, Richardson announced a commitment to Maryland, a school not once mentioned as a team of consideration and one he had not visited. Afterward, he told local reporters this:

"Recruiting is stressful," Richardson said. "That video was done a while ago. They asked me to pick my top five schools ... and they edited it.

"I knew it was Maryland two days ago ... but I just kind of wanted to surprise everybody. I didn't sleep very much (Tuesday night) though. I got to bed pretty late."

But Richardson never actually signed with Maryland. He was not included in the school's press release and head coach D.J. Durkin was not permitted to talk about him during their press conference given the fact he had not yet signed.

On Thursday morning, Richardson's National Letter of Intent arrived at UCF. That set off a firestorm of tweets from coaches, who promised big news was on the way. The school officially released the news at 10:16 a.m., via Scott Frost's Twitter account.

It's a big-time get for UCF, which lands one of the top running backs in the nation. Richardson rushed for 2,239 yards and 18 touchdowns as a junior, following with a 1,761-yard, 12-touchdown performance as a senior.

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/four-star-rb-cordarrian-richardson-signs-with-ucf

Last edited:
You are correct...he is the weather balloon guy. He verbally committed to Maryland on signing day but then sent his LOI to UCF the next day! Both Durkin and Frost were caught completely off guard by this young fellow. Unprecedented! I hope SF can help this guy grounded. I would not be surprised if the guy enrolls at Rutgers this fall!

:Lol: fascinating story....

On Wednesday, Cordarrian Richardson "committed in space" to Maryland. On Thursday, he came back down to earth and signed with UCF.

The news caps off a whirlwhind process for the four-star running back from Memphis, who originaly had been committed to Clemson before reopening his recruitment in recent weeks, first visiting UCF, then Ole Miss and Rutgers.

He was expected to announce from those three on signing day, then at the last minute thought he might delay that decision in order to visit Michigan State this coming weekend. But those plans were quickly scrapped and he was back to the original three finalists, so he said.

But on signing day, via a pre-coordinated video with Bleacher Report that featured a high-altitude weather balloon, Richardson announced a commitment to Maryland, a school not once mentioned as a team of consideration and one he had not visited. Afterward, he told local reporters this:

"Recruiting is stressful," Richardson said. "That video was done a while ago. They asked me to pick my top five schools ... and they edited it.

"I knew it was Maryland two days ago ... but I just kind of wanted to surprise everybody. I didn't sleep very much (Tuesday night) though. I got to bed pretty late."

But Richardson never actually signed with Maryland. He was not included in the school's press release and head coach D.J. Durkin was not permitted to talk about him during their press conference given the fact he had not yet signed.

On Thursday morning, Richardson's National Letter of Intent arrived at UCF. That set off a firestorm of tweets from coaches, who promised big news was on the way. The school officially released the news at 10:16 a.m., via Scott Frost's Twitter account.

It's a big-time get for UCF, which lands one of the top running backs in the nation. Richardson rushed for 2,239 yards and 18 touchdowns as a junior, following with a 1,761-yard, 12-touchdown performance as a senior.

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/four-star-rb-cordarrian-richardson-signs-with-ucf

Glad Scott got his stud running back but the concern for me is character. He 'wanted to surprise' everybody. Not a good reason to do what he did. While I generally don't care for UCF I do hope Scott can get them to the pinnacle of the group of 5. Good luck to them.

I think you can also add Idaho, New Mexico & Rhode Island.

NJ, I am going to give you a C- for this effort. Rhode Island is correct. That brings the total to 9. But New Mexico has 2 FBS schools (NM & NM State) and Idaho has 1 (Boisie State)

Actually it is the best recruiting class in the entire Group of 5. Better than Minnesota, Indiana and Purdue.

I guess ex Huskers can't count on you for any well wishes. You are too busy trolling to be happy for our last NC QB.

You are just about worthless.

It not about wishing an ex Husker does well as a coach Paramus. It is more about the fact that you post anything and everything about SF and the Central Florida Knights. I hope SF has a great coaching career and does great things at UCF, but other than looking at a score and seeing if they won or lost I don't care what is going on with the UCF football program. I feel the same way about Liberty University, Ohio University, and Youngstown St.

This is just some sort of passive/aggrasive way of showing your displeasure with what you don't like at Nebraska.

I get, and everyone else gets, that you don't like MR as the coach of Nebraska and think SF should be the coach at Nebraska. But you have got to understand your are going to get heat for this obsession with SF and the UCF Knights.

NJ, I am going to give you a C- for this effort. Rhode Island is correct. That brings the total to 9. But New Mexico has 2 FBS schools (NM & NM State) and Idaho has 1 (Boisie State)

This is correct .... South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Alaska, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware and Rhode Is.

And I'm almost for sure Missouri is the largest population state with only one FBS school. My first thoughts was New York (Syracuse) but I forgot Buffalo U .... changed from FCS to FBS a few years ago.

Last edited:
This is correct .... South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Alaska, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware and Rhode Is.

And I'm almost for sure Missouri is the largest population state with only one FBS school. My first thoughts was New York (Syracuse) but I forgot Buffalo U .... changed from FCS to FBS a few years ago.

Is Rutgers the only FBS school in New Jersey?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back