• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost lands #1 Go5 recruiting class

It is impressive because they had 10 decommits. Just think how good the class could have been if they could have held on to those. Houston got hit hard by decommits as well.

UCF needs a stronger offensive line and improvement at QB. They have 3 new QBs in this class. UCF had one of the youngest teams in the FBS last year. Maybe the old power curve will be steep for them this year.

Herman's gone at Houston. Temple coach is gone. UCONN coach is gone. USF coach is gone and so is their marvelous QB. Top ACC teams in 2016 will be going through transition years in 2017. I'd say things are shaping up for a UCF run at the 2017 ACC championship.

Last edited:

UCF needs a stronger offensive line and improvement at QB. They have 3 new QBs in this class. UCF had one of the youngest teams in the FBS last year. Maybe the old power curve will be steep for them this year.

Herman's gone at Houston. Temple coach is gone. UCONN coach is gone. USF coach is gone and so is their marvelous QB. Top ACC teams in 2016 will be going through transition years in 2017. I'd say things are shaping up for a UCF run at the 2017 ACC championship.

Do you feel that may have had an adverse affect on their recruiting this year?

Yes it does appear 2017 may be the best year to make a run before it gets tougher again.

Do you feel that may have had an adverse affect on their recruiting this year?

Yes it does appear 2017 may be the best year to make a run before it gets tougher again.

I don't know. SF was new at UCF last year and he had the #2 recruiting class in the AAC. Herman at Houston was the only guy who out-recruited Frost in the AAC, and he was coming off a 1-loss season. The UCONN HC coach is a re-hire so he already knows the landscape.

Butch Davis is the new HC at USF, and you know he has a great reputation and plenty of connections, but he finished behind SF. What can you say? SF did well.

Last edited:

I will personally be rooting for dear ole UCF to flat out WIN the 2017 ACC Championship. Frost would be God if he pulls this off..... :O O:;)

I'm curious to see how Frost uses Emmanuel Greene. He is a perfect fit for the UCF offense. Killins and Greene give Frost plenty of speed to work with.

I'm curious to see how Frost uses Emmanuel Greene. He is a perfect fit for the UCF offense. Killins and Greene give Frost plenty of speed to work with.

I am not going to claim that SF should be the current or even the next HC at UNL. Mike Riley might work out just fine...and Diaco or Langsdorf after that. But my goodness, I saw SF up close as a rookie HC and he was very impressive. The UCF AD is a very clever guy (son of the longtime Duke AD & a BB player at ND). He knows what he is doing.

I like it when ex-Huskers and native Nebraskans make an impression on the world of CF just like I like it when the Huskers do. I think all Husker fans should be able to take some pride in SF's success as a HC.

Last edited:
I always mixed up with UCF, FAU, FIU and USF schools. And every year, Seminoles was aligned with SEC (obviously wrong, again :Facepalm:).

Quick answer trivia question1: Name the largest population state with only one FBS school (football)? Nebraska answer :Biggrin:?

Trivia question2: How many states without FBS football school ?

I am not going to claim that SF should be the current or even the next HC at UNL. Mike Riley might work out just fine. But my goodness, I saw SF up close as a rookie HC and he was extremely impressive. The UCF AD is a very clever guy. He put his football program in very capable hands.

I like it when ex-Huskers make an impression on the world of CF just like I like it when the Huskers do. I think all Husker fans should be able to take some pride in SF's success as a HC.

I completely agree.

I would really like to see Frost as the head coach at Nebraska some day.....as in when Riley retires...he should have some great recruiting connections built in Florida by then. Perfect.

I always mixed up with UCF, FAU, FIU and USF schools. And every year, Seminoles was aligned with SEC (obviously wrong, again :Facepalm:).

Quick answer trivia question1: Name the largest population state with only one FBS school (football)? Nebraska answer :Biggrin:?

Trivia question2: How many states without FBS football school ?

2, North Dakota and South Dakota??? Complete guess

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back