• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost lands #1 Go5 recruiting class

Paramus

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
A 4 star RB who committed to Maryland somehow switched to UCF the day after signing day, pushing UCF to #54 on the 247 sports list, which gives UCF the #1 recruiting class amongst all of the Group of 5 conferences. Of course, that is tops in the AAC as well.

For those who do not know, the Group of 5 conferences are the 5 FBS conferences outside the Power 5 conferences. They include the American Athletic (12 teams), Conference USA (13 teams), Mid-American (12 teams), Mountain West (12 teams), and the Sun Belt (11 teams). That is a total of 60 FBS teams.

#1 out of 60 Go5 teams. That is pretty impressive.

Scott says that he still has 2 scholarships in reserve for any transfers that want to come to UCF, and says it is something he does intentionally. He did that last year and picked up a transfer from U of Alabama and a freshman DT from U of Virginia that became a starter. Looks like Riley is doing the same thing.

UCF is in a better recruiting location that most teams in the Go5 and AAC, so I am not going to use this thread to declare SF & staff are great recruiters, but they did well.

Congratulations to Scott Frost and UCF. I am sure SF's boss, Danny White is pleased.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Congratulations to Mike Riley and his staff as well. According to the 247 team rankings, the Husker 2017 class was quite good.

:mr: "Alles ist klar, Paramus, but I am sure that hate mail from the usual suspects will be forthcoming. GBR!"

Last edited:

Kudos to SF for achieving that. Can tell you that the 4* he signed appeared to have academic issues - still, great pick up for Frost anyway.

"Best recruiting class in the AAC". that's like "hottest chick on The Biggest Loser".

Actually it is the best recruiting class in the entire Group of 5. Better than Minnesota, Indiana and Purdue.

I guess ex Huskers can't count on you for any well wishes. You are too busy trolling to be happy for our last NC QB.

You are just about worthless.

Last edited:

It is impressive because they had 10 decommits. Just think how good the class could have been if they could have held on to those. Houston got hit hard by decommits as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back