• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker out

Go make a play for Venables or someone similar. Don't settle.

Half of Riley's original staff now gone. That's good if they weren't performing, but troubling in the sense that maybe they weren't up to the task in the first place.

I guess this proves that the 'stellar' defense statistics in the first 2/3rds of the year was a house of cards, like some people suggested but were shouted down...

Last edited:

Go make a play for Venables or someone similar. Don't settle.

Half of Riley's original staff now gone. That's good if they weren't performing, but troubling in the sense that maybe they weren't up to the task in the first place.

If you'll recall, Riley was hired with 6 weeks left before NSD. It's not like he had a whole offseason to build a staff. He gave them two years to grow and now he's doing some pruning.

Yep. An NFL DC looks good on paper but cab he recruit? Will he connect with college kids and limited hours to teach?

I'd prefer a college DC.

If I'm not mistaken, the Redskins DC was successful at a couple of college stops prior to hitting the NFL. I might be thinking of someone else, but maybe usc for a time?

If you'll recall, Riley was hired with 6 weeks left before NSD. It's not like he had a whole offseason to build a staff. He gave them two years to grow and now he's doing some pruning.
He was hired the beginning of December, 2 months before signing day and before conference championship games were even played. Maybe you're thinking of Callahan being hired late.

Is he looking for a 4-3 guy or a 3-4 guy. I think Nebraska has the personnel to go 3-4. I would love to see it ala Wisconsin.

Does Dave Aranda or Justin Wilcox want to make some money.

Usually when I stare that long I end up getting slapped.

That can happen when the hourglass looks like this:

images

@RedPhoenix This was for you...no one tell Mrs. Phoenix.

If I'm not mistaken, the Redskins DC was successful at a couple of college stops prior to hitting the NFL. I might be thinking of someone else, but maybe usc for a time?
Joe Barry has minimal college experience, 5 years, none as a coordinator. He was somewhat successful in the NFL, but his biggest success is marrying Rod Marinelli's daughter.

Fewell however, lots of positive college experience before becoming an NFL guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back