• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker out

My sources are saying Joe Barry. Makes sense, he and Riley have crossed paths many times, he's looking for a gig.

Last edited:

You guys are all missing the obvious replacement: Craig Bohl! Plus he can bring all those Wyoming commits to Nebraska as walk-ons! Guaranteed NC in his first year! :Biggrin:

It's more important to find the right guy than hire for a specific scheme but I wonder if we'd be better off in moving towards a 3-3-5/3-4 type of scheme. The DE position has arguably changed more than any other as college offenses have shifted in the last 15-20 years. Back in the 90's we just put fast guys on the edge and turned them loose. That position requires a lot more today. There just doesn't seem to be many ideal prospects in the 500 mile radius. Might be easier to find a few linemen that can play head up or shaded and bring in more linebackers.

I would be surprised if it isn't a big name hire. Riley and Eichorst see the competion in the Big 10. Big name coaches at the top programs. I bet our budget for salaries goes way up.

I would be surprised if it isn't a big name hire. Riley and Eichorst see the competion in the Big 10. Big name coaches at the top programs. I bet our budget for salaries goes way up.

I agree. One way to get there may be to have unquestionably top shelf assistants. At that level you can afford to hire in the best and get them to come here. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that former pro scout guy on staff hasn't helped find somebody already.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back