• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tom Osborne Talks About The Current State Of Nebraska Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

There really isn't anything that can be disputed in that post...that's why you didn't. Please make an effort to have some class.
Heres a few glaring errors.
1. TO avereged 10 wins a year so he is bot the ultimate 9 win coach.
2. Where did TO ever say he was angry about FS being fired? He may well have been but he never stated it.

2. Where did TO ever say he was angry about FS being fired? He may well have been but he never stated it.

Another glaring error pal is you don't know how to spell averaged ;)

Well, he DID have 10 9-win seasons, but THAT wasn't what I was talking about. TO does not believe in firing 9-win coaches. Heck, he was willing to keep Callan if he'd won 8 games...LOL.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1325873
When I took this position, I had the feeling that the coaches wanted to have some bench marks so they could have some idea as to what they had to do. At that point we were 4-4 and I told them if you win the next four games, then you go 8-4 and there is no question that things are going to be fine.
I tried not to put any stipulations on anybody that I would not expect of myself. I never felt while I was coaching here, until maybe the last three or four years, that I could survive a losing season as the head coach. I’ll tell you where that came from. The first four years, we were 9-2-1 and beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl. The next year were 9-3 and beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl. The fourth year we went 9-3-1.

He was pretty PO'd whether he said "angry" or not.
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/q-a-fo...cle_4d28463c-363b-11e5-8610-a3451af57771.html
I guess I felt really bad when Frank got fired because that guy, if you took his record today, most people would say we’ll take that in a minute, but that’s one of those things.

Last edited:

Well, he DID have 10 9-win seasons, but THAT wasn't what I was talking about. TO does not believe in firing 9-win coaches. Heck, he was willing to keep Callan if he'd won 8 games...LOL.

He was pretty PO'd whether he said "angry" or not.
There is a long way and a big difference between being "POd" or "angry" and "I guess I felt really bad". Whenever any of my friends tell me they got fired or laid off I feel really bad for them since they are my friends and I know that they have families. I will usually even offer assitance to them if required. That does not mean I am angry with their previous employer. When I was laid off a couple times I was not even mad at my employer. I understand that it is business. You seem to think there are only two emotions, angry and overjoyed. There are a lot of emotions between those two unless you are a manic depressive.

TO was upset about FS being fired. Angry for TO is "dagummit". That was well over 10 years ago ... finding something to support that would be difficult. But I dare you to find something that says TO supported FS's firing.

I think Riley doesn't want to impose on TO coming in and helping. Let the man enjoy his retirement, he's given enough back to the state in his long lifetime.

TO was upset about FS being fired. Angry for TO is "dagummit". That was well over 10 years ago ... finding something to support that would be difficult. But I dare you to find something that says TO supported FS's firing.
Correct...TO was very angry about it, don't understand why some are so silly about it.

There is a long way and a big difference between being "POd" or "angry" and "I guess I felt really bad". Whenever any of my friends tell me they got fired or laid off I feel really bad for them since they are my friends and I know that they have families. I will usually even offer assitance to them if required. That does not mean I am angry with their previous employer. When I was laid off a couple times I was not even mad at my employer. I understand that it is business. You seem to think there are only two emotions, angry and overjoyed. There are a lot of emotions between those two unless you are a manic depressive.
LOL, you will rationalize anything to keep from admitting your errors.

I never made that claim. I said he was upset but that is not always angry. Upset can be
distress, trouble, perturb, dismay, disturb, discompose, unsettle, disconcert, disquiet,worry, bother, agitate, fluster, throw, ruffle, unnerve, shake;
hurt, sadden, grieve
Notice only perturb would also mean angry. Yet all mean upset. I have no doubt he was upset. I just do not think he was angry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back