• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tom Osborne Talks About The Current State Of Nebraska Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, you will rationalize anything to keep from admitting your errors.
Because I did not make an error. You are the one claiming he was angry. I said there is no evidence that he was ever angry about it. You posted as evidence a quote that said he felt really bad. Feeling really bad is not angry. I read that as sad or disappointed. TO was generally pretty even tempered he did not express himself with anger. He was always pretty even tempered.

Because I did not make an error. You are the one claiming he was angry. I said there is no evidence that he was ever angry about it. You posted as evidence a quote that said he felt really bad. Feeling really bad is not angry. I read that as sad or disappointed. TO was generally pretty even tempered he did not express himself with anger. He was always pretty even tempered.

it was common knowledge that TO was pissed.

Thom, as much as it pains me, I have to side with GFOA on this. Osborne was very upset about how things went down with Solich. He's not someone that is often critical of others in public, or someone who expresses his disappointment in others publicly. Heck, he was even gracious in his handling of the Callahan termination.

So when a guy like that is vocal about how he was disappointed that he wasn't consulted prior to Frank's firing - and even went so far as to express that he wouldn't have let the athletic department use his name on the new facility if he had known they were going to dismiss Frank - you can be certain he was pretty angry about it.

He didn't come right out and say "I'm angry," but it's not terribly hard to read between the lines in this situation.

Thom, as much as it pains me, I have to side with GFOA on this. Osborne was very upset about how things went down with Solich. He's not someone that is often critical of others in public, or someone who expresses his disappointment in others publicly. Heck, he was even gracious in his handling of the Callahan termination.

So when a guy like that is vocal about how he was disappointed that he wasn't consulted prior to Frank's firing - and even went so far as to express that he wouldn't have let the athletic department use his name on the new facility if he had known they were going to dismiss Frank - you can be certain he was pretty angry about it.

He didn't come right out and say "I'm angry," but it's not terribly hard to read between the lines in this situation.
That is hard evidence. I had forgotten about him saying that until you pointed it out. With that evidence I will admit he was more likely than not angry to make a statement like that. So I will admit defeat on this one.

Another one where you claim common knowledge. Funny how these common knowledge situations always have only you in common. Strange how that works.
Well, I also gave you a link where it was reported in the media. I know it conflicts with your view of TO's divine perfection and flawlessness...but frankly even Jesus got mad.

Last edited:
That is hard evidence. I had forgotten about him saying that until you pointed it out. With that evidence I will admit he was more likely than not angry to make a statement like that. So I will admit defeat on this one.
But, but. but...where's the link to prove the thing everyone in the State knew?

Not defeat... don't look at it as winning and losing. We are all wrong sometimes, no big deal.

Except for me. You'll learn that eventually. :Biggrin:

I never made that claim. I said he was upset but that is not always angry. Upset can be
distress, trouble, perturb, dismay, disturb, discompose, unsettle, disconcert, disquiet,worry, bother, agitate, fluster, throw, ruffle, unnerve, shake;
hurt, sadden, grieve
Notice only perturb would also mean angry. Yet all mean upset. I have no doubt he was upset. I just do not think he was angry.
I think you are being semantical.

Use what adverb you want to describe TOs mood after FS was fired.

We do know - he did not agree with the firing.

His real true feeling were probably never ever publically revealed.

I think you are being semantical.

Use what adverb you want to describe TOs mood after FS was fired.

We do know - he did not agree with the firing.

His real true feeling were probably never ever publically revealed.
already admitted to being wrong in post #65

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back