• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best Sandwich in Nebraska

I love a good Rueben as well, but the Crescent Moon doesn't do it for me. It's good, but I disagree that it's the best in town. Sean O'Casey's is the best I've had in Nebraska. Since it moved from 108th & Q though, I haven't had one. I've went to the new location twice but it was closed both times. I may try to shoot down there on Saturday, you guys got me craving one now!

In all of my years, I have never tried a Reuben. As a kid, I absolutely despised sauerkraut but have recently had it done right and it's delicious. I'm going to have to do some research on the best one in my area and check it out.

In all of my years, I have never tried a Reuben. As a kid, I absolutely despised sauerkraut but have recently had it done right and it's delicious. I'm going to have to do some research on the best one in my area and check it out.
same here. Never had a reuben. Hated sauerkraut as a kid. Dad loved it and the noxious fumes filled our house and made me want to vomit. But several years ago I started trying very modest amounts on brats and such and liked it. Will need to try a reuben soon

same here. Never had a reuben. Hated sauerkraut as a kid. Dad loved it and the noxious fumes filled our house and made me want to vomit. But several years ago I started trying very modest amounts on brats and such and liked it. Will need to try a reuben soon

Why do you hate 'Merica?

I used to order Reubens without kraft. Pretty much every server would say "well that's not a Reuben! Haha"...it usually had an effect on their tip! I've graduated to a true Reuben but I'll take some kraft off if they bury it too badly.

I used to order Reubens without kraft. Pretty much every server would say "well that's not a Reuben! Haha"...it usually had an effect on their tip! I've graduated to a true Reuben but I'll take some kraft off if they bury it too badly.
they put mac N cheese on your reuben?

Last edited:

I'm a big fan of diner and bowling alley food. If you are looking for something that is greasy, filling, and not at all pretentious, check out the chicken fried steak sandwich from Shirley's Diner. Shirley's has managed to stick around for 20+ years despite being a hole in the wall, and I wouldn't be surprised at the occasional health code violation (much like my own kitchen at home). I'm also pretty sure that any vegetables you might get with your meal came straight from a can, but the chicken fried steak (and pork tenderloin, for that matter) is pretty doggone good. And big.
Hm, I've never been there. And I've been to that area about a zillion times.

The Pheasant Tavern was a favorite of me and friends for years. We're classy people.

That's exactly what I did, I tried a little on a brat at a local Oktoberfest last fall here in Germantown and it was delicious.

Why do you hate 'Merica?

LOL. As RDR stated, the smell as a child was horrible. I hated opening the front door to that almost as much as I did on liver and onion day.

That's exactly what I did, I tried a little on a brat at a local Oktoberfest last fall here in Germantown and it was delicious.
My day of "kraut awakening" was about 10 yrs on a campout with my son's troop. I was in charge of one evening adult meals, so I said I'd bring a variety of brats, and the others dads said to remember the kraut. Ugh. But when I cooked for them, I didn't want them to bully/tease me for being a pussy and not being like them and putting kraut on my brat, so I succumbed to peer pressure and tried it, and I liked it. So now when I grill brats at home I make sure to put on some kraut, and my wife hates me for it.

LOL. As RDR stated, the smell as a child was horrible. I hated opening the front door to that almost as much as I did on liver and onion day.

I guess the smell didn't bother me because my dad always used to make horseradish from the root. Maybe that just destroyed all of my sense of smell.

Smart phone thinks it's smarter than me (probably is)

My smart phone somehow found out how much hate I have for it in our love/hate relationship, and is intentionally royally screwing me up because of it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back