• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best Sandwich in Nebraska

Cardinal

Blackshirt
15 Year Member
On MSN's site today is a listing of each state's best sandwich. For Nebraska, it was a Reuben from Crescent Moon Ale House in Omaha at 36th and Farnam.

I may be visiting the in-laws in Omaha in August, am always looking for a good reason to get out of the house, and was wondering if that sandwich ranking is legit. I loves me a good Reuben.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ate-in-america/ss-BBu7eON?li=BBnb7Kz#image=28

Last edited:

On MSN's site today is a listing of each state's best sandwich. For Nebraska, it was a Reuben from Crescent Moon Ale House in Omaha at 36th and Farnam.

I may be visiting the in-laws in Omaha in August, am always looking for a good reason to get out of the house, and was wondering if that sandwich ranking is legit. I loves me a good Reuben.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ate-in-america/ss-BBu7eON?li=BBnb7Kz#image=28
I LOVE me a good Rueben and almost always come away a little disappointed. I've had very few that I consider perfect or near perfect.

A few years ago the OWH had a top 10 ruebens article and crescent moon was #1 so I decided to check it out. Their corned beef was cubed not sliced. That ruined it for me. When it comes to the corned beef I prefer it very thinly sliced...erring towards shaved as opposed to too thick. Cubed wasn't something I was expecting. And I don't like it when they put half a pound of corned beef on the sandwich...the meat in the middle stays cool...yuck (that wasn't CM's issue...just another pet peeve of mine). I wouldn't not order it again but I wouldn't make a special trip to Crescent to get a rueben.

The last really good rueben I had was at Fox & Hound. But it's like pizza...there are a lot of different ways to make them and you'll never get universal agreement.

I started to go through the slides, and found myself thinking, some of those don't look all that amazing.

And then I come to Idaho, which has a Philly cheesesteak as their best sandwich. Seriously? Of all the sandwich places in ID, the best has an East Coast connection, which is likely not anywhere nearly as good as a truly Philly cheesesteak. Is there nothing else worthy in Idaho?

I don't think I've ever had the Reuben there. But if you decide to go there you can drink a beer out of a boot in the basement.

Dusters in Columbus, NE has a really (really) good pulled pork sandwich with slaw on it.

I don't think I've ever had the Reuben there. But if you decide to go there you can drink a beer out of a boot in the basement.

If I were not from Colorado, would I be able to drink it out of a glass in the restaurant? ;)

lol, they serve beer in glasses as well. Very good beer selection there.
Is that the brew haus, downstairs from the CM? They have a great selection of beer. With glasses.

You can always try the Soma from Razzy's deli, on 90th, just south of Maple. Get it on marbled rye, warmed. It is pretty darn amazing.

Is that the brew haus, downstairs from the CM? They have a great selection of beer. With glasses.
The huber haus yeah. I've probably gone there too many times...
You can always try the Soma from Razzy's deli, on 90th, just south of Maple. Get it on marbled rye, warmed. It is pretty darn amazing.
I'll have to try it.

Pro tip: be sure to point that boot's toe straight up in the air as you're downing your beer. You can thank me later. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Loved me some Razzy's.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back