• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Wisconsin Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they didn't call a pass play? Not only would the pitchforks be out but they would be lit on fire. MR did what every other coach would have done....burn the other teams TO's, punt and let you D make a few plays. Too bad we don't have a running game to ice the game or a D backfield that can find the ball.

What I was referring to: run a couple of sweeps, to take more time off the clock. Everything was up the middle! That's what burned me.

The precedent I keep looking at for solace is 2012 Michigan State. They lost in one heartbreaking fashion after another (including us) that year, only to become pretty damn good in the years following. They are the only team I can think of that has been as snakebitten as us this year.

I think he has already been ousted, HWM. As a guest of another team, zero tolerance.

If so, good. I thought BYU Josh was a decent enough poster ... but it appears he only wanted to stir the pot amid our personal misery. That's more than a bit low. I enjoy having guests with backgrounds that aren't solidly behind Nebraska. But, there's a time to back away out of respect rather than poking sticks, as Josh apparently felt necessary.

I am frustrated with this season, but I am hopeful because there is no quit in this team.
There are obvious deficiencies in this team on both sides of the ball. But there is no quit in it.
We will get better.

My 11 yr old son just walked in and asked who won. Grabbed his head and said,"grrrr, darn Badgers!" It was really funny. My first smile in fifteen minutes. :)

I'm certainly not postal.........actually very calm. Exactly what I've expected being someone that has watched a LOT of Oregon St. football, and baseball sports being out this way. It is well known coach Riley is well respected and a very good person. I'm happy for him to be at NU.

However to blame the players, or past coaches is no less pathetic than blaming the current players or criticizing what was "left-over".......as you state. Fact is, this team has the talent NOW to be undefeated and some folks aren't getting it done.........oh, and never have.

FACT....RESULTS.

Wouldn't you say we need better players? I mean...isn't that why we all watch recruiting so closely. You simply have it in for MR so you're unwilling to accept that the talent on this team isn't what it should be at key positions.

If so, good. I thought BYU Josh was a decent enough poster ... but it appears he only wanted to stir the pot amid our personal misery. That's more than a bit low. I enjoy having guests with backgrounds that aren't solidly behind Nebraska. But, there's a time to back away out of respect rather than poking sticks, as Josh apparently felt necessary.

He came back and started trolling after the Miami loss too.

I am frustrated with this season, but I am hopeful because there is no quit in this team.
There are obvious deficiencies in this team on both sides of the ball. But there is no quit in it.
We will get better.

The challenge will be in keeping the players holding their heads high and putting the past behind them. But I do agree, there's reason for optimism. We need to play the rest of this season out as though we are building toward a brighter future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back