• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Wisconsin Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I agree with what you have been posting in your exchange with pilk. Rather than suggesting we need better players, I think we simply need to play better. The former is putting the onus on the players, the latter is putting the onus on both the players and the coaches.

Fair and well stated.

Good post HWM and I agree. Even though it sucks beyond belief, I can find reasons for optimism with four losses by a total of 11 points. Small victories will matter for the rest of this year as they will be the building blocks for next year's foundation.

I'm still gonna be emotionally invested in every game just like I've always been. But at this point, I'm looking to next year. Whatever good things happen the rest of this year will be gravy.......

Indeed. Just want to see this team hold it together mentally, fight hard every week as if it was a new season, and keep the games interesting. Finish 2015 looking like a much better team than it has been thus far. I've seen many more painful losses in the past couple of regimes than what I've seen this season. The pain in this season is that it keeps happening in the closing seconds, week-after-week. But there's plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as a team (and even as a fan). And I really like this team. There's a lot out there each Saturday very much worth rooting hard.

Last edited:
I'll still be around, my fellow Philly sports fan friend. But I've lost the desire (at least for awhile) to join in the arguments. When the fun in posting on the football forum is gone, it's simply not worth it. Nearly my 16th anniversary on HuskerMax. Exhausting, in many ways. I need a bit of a rest to recharge my batteries. May not be long. :)

BUT.......face it. It hasn't been easy being a fan among the other Husker fans since the mid to late 90's. Honestly I don't EVER recall such division among our fan base since 00 and up to be honest and then full blown with Steve P. I'm not sure what the healing moment will be, but we (weather (yes I'm using that for you) we agree or disagree on coaches, players etc..) should always recall we are all on the same side in the end. Some just communicate and or stress things differently that means a lot to us emotionally.

That is what makes NU special....the emotional involvement that people have with our teams success. Hang in there........it has to get better. I do have hope for that still.

Last edited:

I'll still be around, my fellow Philly sports fan friend. But I've lost the desire (at least for awhile) to join in the arguments. When the fun in posting on the football forum is gone, it's simply not worth it. Nearly my 16th anniversary on HuskerMax. Exhausting, in many ways. I need a bit of a rest to recharge my batteries. May not be long. :)

Again please don't. We cheer for the same football teams. This cannot be any harder than being Flyers or Eagles fans. You and the others are the last bastion of people that do not blindly follow.

I get that. It's hard to stay positive with all of the negativity on this board right now. We're all fans and everyone is entitled to their opinion so as long as folks stay respectful it's all good for the most part. However, it does get tiresome arguing the same points over and over in every thread. Better times are ahead though........GBR!

is anyone else still trying to understand Stave beating us throwing? can't believe that we are that bad.

EVERYONE beats us throwing. Our secondary is a disaster . . . they can't cover, plain and simple. Every now and then they break up a pass, but the vast majority of the time they are either totally unaware of where the ball is when they are in position to make a play or they are completely out of position. I'm a little surprised it took them so long to go to the air.

And I'm not sure what our strategy was to put it in the defense's hands to win. Our coaches are flummoxed. Last week, all they had to do was run out the clock because Illinois was out of time outs. This week, Wisky had all their time outs and we needed to have a plan to get a first down--do that and the game is done. Not lamely run 3 times . . . 2 of them with our biggest, slowest RB. They were going to take their timeouts to preserve time. Meaning they would burn them all and HAVE to pass when they got the ball back. And they proved they had the kicker to win the game.

Game management kills us again. I'm speechless.

EVERYONE beats us throwing. Our secondary is a disaster . . . they can't cover, plain and simple. Every now and then they break up a pass, but the vast majority of the time they are either totally unaware of where the ball is when they are in position to make a play or they are completely out of position. I'm a little surprised it took them so long to go to the air.

And I'm not sure what our strategy was to put it in the defense's hands to win. Our coaches are flummoxed. Last week, all they had to do was run out the clock because Illinois was out of time outs. This week, Wisky had all their time outs and we needed to have a plan to get a first down--do that and the game is done. Not lamely run 3 times . . . 2 of them with our biggest, slowest RB. They were going to take their timeouts to preserve time. Meaning they would burn them all and HAVE to pass when they got the ball back. And they proved they had the kicker to win the game.

Game management kills us again. I'm speechless.

I think running the ball was safer than TA using his arm or rolling out and flubbing it up. Didn't get the push needed.

EVERYONE beats us throwing. Our secondary is a disaster . . . they can't cover, plain and simple.

totally agree. i just am having trouble believing what i'm seeing cuz it's so bad.

and Stave throwing 50 TIMES beats us. never thought i'd see the day when that beats us. Kaaya with Miami receivers okay, i can see that. but the cheese? pinch me cuz i'm dreaming.

Great progress today in quite a few areas. Secondary coverage was LIGHT YEARS better, except at the end when the defense had been on the field for too long. Run defense was excellent nearly the entire game against a great running team. We had fewer penalties today. Offensive play calling was better today, even though we struggled to execute. This team and these coaches are getting better every week. No doubt we're moving in the right direction.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back