• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs BYU Game Thread (9/5/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah, we should totally fire Riley. i mean, you can't expect to win a championship when you lose your opener. i mean really, when's the last time that happened? seriously?

oh wait...

/sarcasm

I thought the coaches did alot of good things today. The play calling on the 3rd and 4th downs in the 4th qtr when on offense were just bad calls. The prevent defense on the final drive was bad. Drew Brown..........

I think things are looking up. Just a hard way to lose.

+1

Could not agree more. Well said my friend.

Yep. And though there are a number of things to improve, there were a lot of good things, too. TA, overall, played well. We got the running game going in the second half and, with the exception of the hail mary and the ridiculous 4th down conversion, played strong defense in the second half. For a team with a new Coach, new scheme, etc, to have been in position to win against a damn good team in BYU, and to lose only on a crazy play at the end, there are plenty of reasons to be hopeful.

I predicted 10-2, which I think would definitely be successful for Riley's first year, with a loss in the opener to BYU. So, although the loss hurts and sucks, I know there is still plenty to play for this year. So we probably aren't going to play for a national title this year - big surprise. This can still be a building block to better things. Let's go paste South Alabama and then go down to Miami and beat the Hurricanes.

Yep. And though there are a number of things to improve, there were a lot of good things, too. TA, overall, played well. We got the running game going in the second half and, with the exception of the hail mary and the ridiculous 4th down conversion, played strong defense in the second half. For a team with a new Coach, new scheme, etc, to have been in position to win against a damn good team in BYU, and to lose only on a crazy play at the end, there are plenty of reasons to be hopeful.

I predicted 10-2, which I think would definitely be successful for Riley's first year, with a loss in the opener to BYU. So, although the loss hurts and sucks, I know there is still plenty to play for this year. So we probably aren't going to play for a national title this year - big surprise. This can still be a building block to better things. Let's go paste South Alabama and then go down to Miami and beat the Hurricanes.

Good post. +1

Could not agree more. Well said my friend.

Let's not make it any harder on this team as fans. It's one game of a new regime. There was a lot good today. Some bad. The team doesn't need the fans coming down on them right now.

It's that time of year again....losing is difficult.

I thought we made great changes in the second half and fought back well. Credit to BYU, they are no pushover, and I'm not surprised their receivers made life difficult all day when our DBs give up six inches.

And hey, we're the only team in history to lose on a "Hail Joseph Smith." That's gotta be worth something.

Lots of games left, and I like our chances of learning from this and improving each week.

I was at the NW game when we won on a Hail Mary right on front of me. That didn't exactly feel like a win, and this doesn't exactly feel like a loss.
We'll be OK.

This sucks for us as fans, but the players are feeling it even worse. Hope the players learn from this (play the ball), come back next week and kick the snot out of South Alabama!!! GBR!!!

Terrible turn of events on that last play, no doubt about it. It shouldn't have come down to that but it did, gotta move on and just hope this rotten, stinking feeling of a last second loss drives this HUSKER team to bigger and better goals.

Terrible turn of events on that last play, no doubt about it. It shouldn't have come down to that but it did, gotta move on and just hope this rotten, stinking feeling of a last second loss drives this HUSKER team to bigger and better goals.
Agreed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back