• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Holiday Bowl: Nebraska (9-3) vs USC (8-4) Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't give up on Tommy yet. May very well be with the proper coaching, he can be quite successful. Again, I'm more concerned with the defense. Yes, very nice 4th quarter -- but the rest of the game was mostly bad. It was most definitely Tommy Armstrong earning the team MVP honors tonight.

Tough game to lose!! Just wish they had called the holding on the last play. Mentioned by the guys on sports ctr, but those butt heads calling the game on tv didn't bring it up. All they wanted to talk about was how great usc would be in the future! :puke:

Not to be a killjoy, but I guess I don't see what Barney did to contribute to the game plan. From what I saw, Beck was in charge of the offense and Pap was in charge of the D. Barney had a calm presence and all, but every time they showed him he wasn't really doing much.

Or did he help call plays? I may be completely wrong.

He was a figure head, for sure.

Tough game to lose!! Just wish they had called the holding on the last play. Mentioned by the guys on sports ctr, but those butt heads calling the game on tv didn't bring it up. All they wanted to talk about was how great usc would be in the future! :puke:

Actually the commentators did comment about it.

Kids played hard. Can't complain about that. Kudo's for the kids. And, for the way Cotton handled the entire post Pelini period.

My only question is why not run the ball on 3rd and 4th down with AA? Worst call of the game.

Again, congrats to the kids. They really did play hard. I love them all for what they did.

Barney did a good job (I would say great, but....) I just wish he would have smacked Beck in the head twice and said we will run the ball at them on short yard situations.

He did his job as a head coach and did it with class all month long....

Not to be a killjoy, but I guess I don't see what Barney did to contribute to the game plan. From what I saw, Beck was in charge of the offense and Pap was in charge of the D. Barney had a calm presence and all, but every time they showed him he wasn't really doing much.

Or did he help call plays? I may be completely wrong.

Actually they did mention it

Nebraska HuskersVerified account ‏<s>@</s>Huskers Never gave up. Thanks seniors for leading this team. <s>#</s>Huskers forever. <s>#</s>GBR

B56wQpICMAEfgPU.jpg

I don't think that holding really mattered. That ball was thrown so far short of the end zone, there was almost no chance to score. And those hail mary plays tend to be such a hectic scrum, refs never throw flags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back