• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Ecuador Pre and Game Thread

It's hard to include the likes of Bradley, Dempsey, Beckerman and Beasley when the MLS is in crunch time for the playoffs.

If you're upset about the lack of inclusion for those players, be upset with the MLS for refusing to stop play through FIFA dates.

But, that won't stop some from whining about Klinsmann.

Last edited:

Pet peeve its not 'the' MLS....its MLS...just like its not 'the' MLB but it is 'the' NFL and 'the' NBA....

Per FIFA rules if the national team calls up players from any team or any league they cannot refuse to release them (unless they can show a documented medical reason) or they fact sanctions and a heavy fine....if Klinsman chooses to work with MLS, as it appears he has here, than that it is a conscious decision on his part....because bottom line he does not have to....

As for Klinsman he is fair game....just like Pelini is....and if some don't like oh well....

Last edited:

Ben Jata @Ben_Jata · So Klinsmann expresses the importance of adding youth to the <s>#</s>USMNT roster then adds Wondo over multiple prospects younger than him?

Andrew Das @AndrewDasNYT · Again I ask: why is US Soccer doing this again? Donovan will come and go in CT before the paint on the tifo dries.

Well this should get interesting...somebody is lying.....

Grant Wahl @GrantWahl · U.S. Soccer source confirms <s>@</s>AlexiLalas report, says Klinsmann’s son sent apology e-mail to Donovan in May.

Grant Wahl @GrantWahl ·
U.S. Soccer source also says Klinsmann left Donovan a voicemail in week before SI interview 9/26.

Could not agree more....

Andrew Das @AndrewDasNYT · Latest Donovan leaks, from <s>@</s>AlexiLalas via <s>@</s>davisjsn, only ensure more focus this week on feud with JK and less on career. That's too bad.

Andrew Das @AndrewDasNYT ·

If anonymous people at US Soccer are going to call Donovan a liar on the eve of his sendoff game, maybe he should just stay in LA this week.

Andrew Das @AndrewDasNYT · Because this whole thing gets more uncomfortable every day.

Andrew Das @AndrewDasNYT ·
And while we're at it: ripping people anonymously is cowardly. Just as it was when people "with ties to the NT" did it to Klinsmann last yr.

Richard Whittall @RWhittall · I find Landon's self-interest tiring, but even I don't think he'd flat out lie.

Richard Whittall @RWhittall · This "source" may have been told an email was sent, so this is just he said/he said.

Indeed....

Brian Sciaretta @BrianSciaretta · Emails & voicemails are what people are talking about on the week of Donovan's <s>#</s>USMNT farewell, not his extraordinary achievements...sad

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back