• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Ecuador Pre and Game Thread

Grant Wahl @GrantWahl . A month after calling up an NCAA player, he selects a US 2nd-division player (Miguel Ibarra).

Doug McIntyre @DougMacESPN Bradley and Dempsey will stay with MLS clubs, miss Friday’s U.S.- Ecuador friendly. Expect both to be called in next week.

John D. Halloran @JohnDHalloran No Edu, Rogers, Nguyen or Zardes semi-snubs for me. Realize MLS playoff picture may have been determining factor. <s>#</s>USMNT

Andrew Das @AndrewDasNYT · Nice that Klinsmann invited so many people Donovan doesn't know to his farewell game.

Ives Galarcep@SoccerByIves · American Outlawas to honor Landon Donovan with large tifo:http://bit.ly/ZqshUa <s>#</s>USMNT

That is awesome, IF JK let's him even play...this guys comment sums it up for me:

Arrrrrrrrrgh. —sorry, just thinking back to the World Cup with out Donovan. LD has looked completely dominant in the latter part of his last season. But, hey, Brad Davis has … well … Wondo has … Nope. Should have been Donovan. Sorry to hijack the thread with old news. But it still kills me.
We’ll miss you, Landon. Thanks for helping us build American soccer.

Could not have said it better

Heard on the news he is not bringing him in until Thursday and then a small cameo in the game on Friday....

I would not blame Landon if just begged out of it...what a total mess for what should have been a time of happiness....and honoring one our greats....to nothing but disrespecting yet another great player as was done to Boca too....who is as class an act as will ever wear the Captains armband

That is awesome, IF JK let's him even play...this guys comment sums it up for me:

Arrrrrrrrrgh. —sorry, just thinking back to the World Cup with out Donovan. LD has looked completely dominant in the latter part of his last season. But, hey, Brad Davis has … well … Wondo has … Nope. Should have been Donovan. Sorry to hijack the thread with old news. But it still kills me.
We’ll miss you, Landon. Thanks for helping us build American soccer.

Could not have said it better

FYI

Who has the most at stake?

JOHN BROOKS: Without a doubt John Brooks needs to perform well in training ahead of the October 10 friendly. Ever since his heroic World Cup goal against Ghana, Brooks' career has been in a rut. On the occasions he has gotten the opportunity to play at Hertha, he has been average at best. Last week he was demoted to Hertha’s reserve team and it was the second time his club has publically called him out this year. (The first time involved an oversized tattoo that forced Brooks to miss a game.)While Brooks played well last month against the Czechs, he will arrive in camp with Klinsmann likely unhappy with his recent developments. If he continues to remain in the doghouse at Hertha and if he doesn’t perform well in the national team camp, he could struggle to earn callups in the future. It is going to be a big week from him to change the narrative

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/players-on-the-hot-seat-ibarra-and-adios-to-landon

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back