• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tommie Frazier Tweeted The Following just a short while ago:

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Terry Joseph and would keep him, even if there is a coaching change - he is someone I really think is a good coach and a helluva recruiter.

Other than that, he is 100% right. John Papuchis never had the DL playing consistent or even good ball while he coached them. Other than his recruiting, what ever warranted him being promoted escaped me then and is even more of an enigma now. Well other than the fact Pelini wanted to continue running the defense and only promoting Papuchis would ensure that happening without any waves from a proven, respected hire.
Ross Els has also coached an ineffective linebacker unit and his special teams have been anything but. He came to Lincoln under the advisement of Carl Pelini and the fact Carl did not take him with him to Florida Atlantic is foretelling.

Rick Kaczenski came to Nebraska from Iowa because he coached the same 2-gap technique Pelini favors. Though he is a short-timer on staff, he has followed suit and coached an average unit.

John Garrison and Barney Cotton have been given enough time and used enough excuses. The Husker O-Line has been average-at-best under Pelini and these two are the reason why. A lot of people are unhappy with the offenses performance today against the Bruins, and IMPO the shoddy O-Line play is a big reason.

Tim Beck, Ron Brown, Rich Fisher and Terry Joseph are the only coaches on this staff who should not be **********-canned regardless of wether Pelini makes it to 2014 or not.

Agree

Last edited:

We had arguably the best D-Lineman ever in Suh and parlayed that into what exactly? Have we even had a 1st time all conference D-Lineman sense? We should have been able to get 4 and 5 star DL recruits off of that big time.

Too bad it's too soon to know if Frost has what it takes to be our HC. Maybe if Bo stays around another couple years. Fitzgerald is maybe one we could get. That is if we the AD has a requirement of only hiring a homer.

that's my first pick too

How did Tommie's coaching career go?

Not good.

But he made more money doing it then I ever will.

I don't think his horrible record at Doane prevents him for being able to offer some expert opinion on Husker football, though. I'm not saying that was your intent.

I hate the "Oh, yeah, like you (or they) could do better" approach to arguments.

You don't have to be a chef to know you're being served a turd sandwich.

Do you want the guy that only makes turd sandwiches telling the chef how to make your club sandwich?

I hate the "Oh, yeah, like you (or they) could do better" approach to arguments.

Exactly.

Damon Benning's analysis is useless now because he wasn't a successful college coach? That's a silly approach to things.

Your thoughts can only be useful if you're a successful expert in the field, apparently. If you aren't a politician, quit criticizing politicians. If you aren't a cop, quit criticizing bad cops. Not a coach? Don't criticize coaching. Not a musician? You better not call any music "bad."

Silly.

thats not the argument. There definitely needs to be changes, but why are two failed coaches whose access to the program has been restricted, leading the charge here?

i would assume that professional coaches/former players could find a more productive method of helping the program they truly care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back