• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

You get one do-over – Which game is it?

1) Virginia Tech and BC both finished 8-4 yet came a breath away from beating the Canes.

2) The Big East was an absolute joke at that point

3) They beat no one that finished in the top 10 other than Nebraska, who couldn't even win their own division, and who had previously been destroyed by CU.

The 95 Huskers didn't struggle to beat anyone, and they would've ran over the 01 Canes.

Frazier vs Dorsey? HAHAHA

Osborne vs Coker? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is not up for debate, the 01 Canes are not the GOAT, they're not even close.
That's always been my argument against '97 Michigan. Does anyone think Lloyd Christmas *cough* I mean Lloyd Carr is beating Tom Osborne. I don't care who your safety is.

I’ll even go with single plays.

82 PSU pass ruled out of bounds

83 Orange Bowl XP, run the ball

93 Bennett makes the kick

96 Texas Big 12 Championship 4th down play fails

01 NU was coming back vs CU on Black Friday, Incognito called for PF, would have been down one score with plenty of time.

2010 Big 12 Championship Texas clock reads 0:00

2012 take back the play that Steinkuhler got hurt on and the Big10 championship game looks way different.

Can probably find many many more single plays that changed entire seasons and coaching careers.

2001 Miami.

We get a sixth national title and Solich probably keeps his job. No Callahan. Frank coaches for a longer period of time, maybe all the way to Nebraska joining the Big Ten. We hand off the reigns to a longtime OC/DC, maybe Pelini?

Nebraska stays relevant, winning 8+ games a year, and keeps making bowls.
He said do over not reverse the outcome. If those teams played each other ten times we wouldnt win 1 of them.

He said do over not reverse the outcome. If those teams played each other ten times we wouldnt win 1 of them.

Other people have commented on that. I must have missed the intent of the thread.

Why else would you have a do-over? To still lose, but like, lose in a cooler way?

Billingsley ranks the top 200 teams all-time, based on his computer poll formula.

2019 LSU is #1.

1995 Nebraska is farther down than any of us would have guessed.

Top 4 are the last 4 champions and 7 of the top 10 have happened since 2009?? Yeah... ok.

Other people have commented on that. I must have missed the intent of the thread.

Why else would you have a do-over? To still lose, but like, lose in a cooler way?
The OP said that you can do it over and we win instead of lose.

If this exercise was "give it another try and see what happens" it is hard to say that things would be any different.

1996 Big 12 championship game loss to Texass.

Imo, we win that one and we could have had a 4 peat National Championship run.
I would go with the 1999 regular season loss to Texas. We smashed them in the B12 title game and we were the better team. We just fumbled the ball too many times. Had we won that game we would have faced FSU for the National Title and likely won. We were the best team that year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back