• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

You get one do-over – Which game is it?

Nightman Cometh

Recruit
5 Year Member
The Reno Hightower reference in another thread got me thinking. You get a do-over for one game in Nebraska football history and of course, we win it.

I’ll take the 1988 UCLA game. That was our only loss until the bowl game. I guess we would have still played Miami in the Orange Bowl based on the tie-ins? I’m not sure about that, but maybe we could’ve played Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl because we would’ve been ranked 1 or 2 had we beat UCLA.

Which game would you choose?

1978 Missouri. Hangover game coming off the heels of an upset against the top ranked Sooners and the loss put them right back into a rematch with them in the Orange Bowl. Listening to that game was frustrating, it felt like they just could not stop James Wilder

Thinking of losses ive seen with my own eyes, watching a Wisconsin team that we had already beaten throttle us in the 2012 B1G championship game comes to mind. Especially considering they were only there because OSU and PSU were ineligible and we had a lot to play for.

Still have nightmares about the jet sweep after that game.

2001 Miami.

We get a sixth national title and Solich probably keeps his job. No Callahan. Frank coaches for a longer period of time, maybe all the way to Nebraska joining the Big Ten. We hand off the reigns to a longtime OC/DC, maybe Pelini?

Nebraska stays relevant, winning 8+ games a year, and keeps making bowls.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back