• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Omarion Miller decommits Dec. 2, 2022

Didn't HCMR lose a number of potential recruits at Baylor when he first went there?

Last edited:
So I did a deep dive into the Claims by MR for his NFL players.

Temple currently has 21 players in the NFL. Seven of those players were clearly at Temple before MR and the other 14 were very likely recruited by him. That is not bad at all. Only eight of those players were practice squad players but 5 of those players played for Carolina, the most of any team. That seems rather odd since Rhule is the coach of Carolina and Carolina is not doing very well. So I looked up Baylor because I know Baylor has a lot of guys in the NFL.

According to the article that I am reading 22 Baylor Bears play in the NFL. Of those ten appear to have been recruited by Rhule in his three years at Baylor. Again, not bad. All but a few of them definately played for him at Baylor (it is tough to say on a few but I gave them the benefit of the doubt). Only 2 of these guys play for Baylor. So certainly, regardless of recruiting ranking Rhule has done a pretty good job of getting people to the NFL. I could not tell from the Baylor article if any of those players were on practice squads or not but I was under the impression that it was only listing non PS players.

So there, I have made a positive Rhule post. Because I think that these numbers are objectively positive.

I'm not sure how a decommitment by a player who was tied to a different coach is a surprise????

And in other breaking news - I'd like to report that the glass on my table is half empty!!!!!

So I did a deep dive into the Claims by MR for his NFL players.

Temple currently has 21 players in the NFL. Seven of those players were clearly at Temple before MR and the other 14 were very likely recruited by him. That is not bad at all. Only eight of those players were practice squad players but 5 of those players played for Carolina, the most of any team. That seems rather odd since Rhule is the coach of Carolina and Carolina is not doing very well. So I looked up Baylor because I know Baylor has a lot of guys in the NFL.

According to the article that I am reading 22 Baylor Bears play in the NFL. Of those ten appear to have been recruited by Rhule in his three years at Baylor. Again, not bad. All but a few of them definately played for him at Baylor (it is tough to say on a few but I gave them the benefit of the doubt). Only 2 of these guys play for Baylor. So certainly, regardless of recruiting ranking Rhule has done a pretty good job of getting people to the NFL. I could not tell from the Baylor article if any of those players were on practice squads or not but I was under the impression that it was only listing non PS players.

So there, I have made a positive Rhule post. Because I think that these numbers are objectively positive.
Good post. But in other news, Omarion Miller decommitted.

Is it possible that a school would ask a player to decommit because there are other more attractive recruits for the new coach?

Or behind the scenes that an offer is withdrawn?

Last edited:
Any decommitment is to be expected when a new coach and assistants come in, especially WR, since MJ won’t be returning now for sure. Just got to go with the flow and try to salvage a decent class with maybe more transfer portal guys in this class. Just don’t expect a 9-10 win season next year with the new team and staff. Just hope for a bowl game in the 1st year.

Any decommitment is to be expected when a new coach and assistants come in, especially WR, since MJ won’t be returning now for sure. Just got to go with the flow and try to salvage a decent class with maybe more transfer portal guys in this class. Just don’t expect a 9-10 win season next year with the new team and staff. Just hope for a bowl game in the 1st year.
Well said. It will help when he gets his whole staff together. These kids want to know who their position coach is going to be. Hopefully he can get a dynamic WR coach who can entice Miller and Coleman to come back into the fold.

I get these players decommiting because of a coaching change at the top. What I dont understand is decommiting from a school when your recuiter got himself in to trouble and most likly wont be coaching..... To me when a player commits to play its to the university not one person or did I miss something.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back