• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked WR/FS Brandon Drayton to visit for the Iowa Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackshirts99

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: block; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>
Largo ATH Brandon Drayton says he's taking an official to #Nebraska on Nov. 7 for Michigan State gm http://t.co/1U2g7T3Q2E
@JoshHarveyScout
— Corey Bender (@Corey_Bender) October 12, 2015
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

Mid-year highlights:
<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/3941094/highlights/286971375' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here are his Jr year highlights as well:
<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/3941094/highlights/181938376' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XcCQejNza30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure if he is a WR or FS prospect at this point, but Brian Stewart is following him on twitter, while Keith Williams is not. So I would assume FS.

His HS head coach played for Iowa, and Iowa was one of his first offers.

In addition to the Herd, the defensive back is inching closer to solidifying an official visit date with Kirk Ferentz and the Iowa Hawkeyes. They were one of the first programs to take a chance and extend a scholarship offer, and Drayton's head coach obviously suited up for the Big Ten team as well, so there's a familiarity there.

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...the-first-official-is-set-for-brandon-drayton

Last edited:

Reportedly runs a 4.55. I like his length and frame. Also shows a nice catch radius and reportedly has an impressive vertical. I personally would recruit him as a DB, I like putting as much talent in the defensive backfield as possible who were also HS WR's. No substitute for having DBs with natural ball skills. They play the ball well and attack it in the air (clearly a problem with Husker DBs at the moment). Also are threats for getting INTs. I like him at safety. I doubt he was at the satellite camp in Miami. Back in mid June, when it was held, Drayton had the 3rd most D-1 offers in Pinellas Country, with 22 at that time. So a 4 hour drive to Nebraska's camp is probably pushing it. The Largo/Tampa area is a nice place to get a foothold, then again, Florida is full of these sort of areas.

The HC at his HS is former Iowa safety, Marcus Paschal, who was All-Big Ten. If Paschal is giving his former alma mater the heads up about Drayton, you know the kids the real deal. Who would know safeties better than him? And who would know Drayton's potential at safety better than him?

Last edited:
His HS is known for producing D-1 talent on a yearly basis. A pipeline, or at least an ear on the ground at his HS would be well advised.

He has set a date for his Iowa visit, Nov 14. Louisville, Miami, Indiana are other potential visits.

"Honestly, just the coaches," Drayton said when asked of his interest in Nebraska. "They like my size and that I'm physical. They also feel like I would be a good fit in their defense because I can cover the field.
"I just want to see the team in general, mostly the safeties and how deep they are. I also want to get to know some of the other coaches."

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...n-drayton-schedules-two-official-visits?s=204

Coincidence this news coincides with the Burrell announcement? He and Augustus may be next man up at safety

I think they had an idea about Burrell, and that could be why the Bundage offer went out. They might have turned up the heat on Drayton at the same time as well.

Simmons seems like the top target remaining at safety, but it seems they're able to take 2 with Simmons a safety/LB type.

I think they had an idea about Burrell, and that could be why the Bundage offer went out. They might have turned up the heat on Drayton at the same time as well.

Simmons seems like the top target remaining at safety, but it seems they're able to take 2 with Simmons a safety/LB type.

Forgot about Bundage. Simmons looks huge, curious where the coaches see him. Kid is a great athlete. With the '15 and '16 classes our safety play is going to be upgraded in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back