• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked WR Dominique Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would say its a done deal....really nice pickup....:)

Butch Jones looking to move just about anywhere has to be killing Cincinnati's recruting....

This sounds REALLY encouraging for Dominique Walker and NU.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1446205

says he' s taking no more in home visits from coaches except Pelini and Fisher, and he just had a 2 hour visit from Beck.

Last edited:

As he should.....

You make an excellent point. Depending on the kid, that senior year is a really special experience. My guess is that a standout football star is enjoying his senior year. Maybe they learned something from the Tyler Moore experience.

This kid looks like he has some good ball skills on tape and is able to use his body well to make tough catches. He also looks very physical and I hope that translates to some tough blocking that can help spring long runs. What have you seen Red Reign?

It's really up to the kid, we told Walker we don't need him here for the spring as we are going to be redshirting him. Conversely, we told Band-o we wanted him here for the spring of 2013 because we knew there were going to be a lot of young kids at LB. When he expressed interest in returning to the track team and trying to get another state championship, the coaches immediately backed him on his decision to stay at Southwest one more semester.

Getting here in the spring is almost a necessity for someone that is wanting to make an impact as a true freshmen, but not always critical. The coaches are selective with who they offer. If it's a DT this year, we may put more of a push on a kid that is a December graduate.

IMO if the kid is likely a RS candidate then let him enjoy his final year of HS. Let him be a kid awhile longer before he moves away from home.

It's really up to the kid, we told Walker we don't need him here for the spring as we are going to be redshirting him. Conversely, we told Band-o we wanted him here for the spring of 2013 because we knew there were going to be a lot of young kids at LB. When he expressed interest in returning to the track team and trying to get another state championship, the coaches immediately backed him on his decision to stay at Southwest one more semester.

Getting here in the spring is almost a necessity for someone that is wanting to make an impact as a true freshmen, but not always critical. The coaches are selective with who they offer. If it's a DT this year, we may put more of a push on a kid that is a December graduate.

Awesome to hear IMO about Band-o, 100% correct approach in my opinion.

The DT's you're referring to are JUCO correct? I have no problem wanting or even expecting kids from the JUCO route to be Dec. Grads.....

Last edited:
Correct JUCO....

Awesome to hear IMO about Band-o, 100% correct approach in my opinion.

The DT's you're referring to are JUCO correct? I have no problem wanting or even expecting kids from the JUCO route to be Dec. Grads.....

A4BCiRSCIAAjUul.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/DW_Showtime4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back