• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Would a half-empty Memorial Stadium help Nebraska?

I want a Webcam placed in my seat with speakers perhaps capped at 95 dBs, so whatever I yell at home can be transmitted in the stadium. Oh, and whenever something exciting happens the Webcam in front of me rises up and blocks my view. Of course, I'll need a vertical position adjustment on my Webcam so I can block the view of the Webcam behind me.

IF one was a, "conspiracy theorist," they would assume that a 1/2 full stadium (max) is an attempt to rid the stadium forever of "blue hairs and no hairs." I resemble that remark! Let's cheer for the, "blue hairs and no hairs," who are part of the "bedrock" of Nebraska football!

They could sell tickets for $1.00 apiece. They sell all 80,000 tickets and get $80,000, even though no one is allowed to show up, Sellout! I would pay $7.00 for a season ticket in the nosebleed section, as long as I could watch from home.

HELL NO! They ever go to payperview for college sports, I will be done with it. Not just NO, but HELL NO!
Sounds like we will have some sort of season with fans. Most of us pay for games on cable packages . The show must go on and if we can't meet in stadiums we should support the program anyway. So oh well, bye Hot Sauce. I'm a true blue fan. I want the kids to play this season and I will do my part no matter what. Go Big Red and throw the Bones.

Sounds like we will have some sort of season with fans. Most of us pay for games on cable packages . The show must go on and if we can't meet in stadiums we should support the program anyway. So oh well, bye Hot Sauce. I'm a true blue fan. I want the kids to play this season and I will do my part no matter what. Go Big Red and throw the Bones.
Oh, I want the season to go on as scheduled, but I'm not going to pay twice to watch it. I already pay, as you said to watch it for "free". I'm not going to payperview to watch college sports though. I've been watching since around 1972 sports(as far as I can remember) and have been a Husker fan since 1976. I will not pay extra to watch it on TV though, past my satellite bill that I already pay at the hind in for. GO BIG RED!!!!

Oh, I want the season to go on as scheduled, but I'm not going to pay twice to watch it. I already pay, as you said to watch it for "free". I'm not going to payperview to watch college sports though. I've been watching since around 1972 sports(as far as I can remember) and have been a Husker fan since 1976. I will not pay extra to watch it on TV though, past my satellite bill that I already pay at the hind in for. GO BIG RED!!!!

I think many would agree with you. With the economic hardship some folks will endure, PPV is not a good solution.

So this article provides the bottom line on how much even 50% of the stadium full would cost the University.

Although 2018 numbers, the following article provides insight on how much is made from TV revenue/BIG 10 sharing ($47.9 mil), ticket sales ($37.2 mil) and endorsements ($25.8 mil). While TV revenue is big, ticket sales is not that far behind and a reason why Nebraska always operates in the black.

As it relates to the original question, safety is the key and in my opinion, a good portion of the season ticket holders are those most at risk of COVID-19 (over 60) I don't see how you could guarantee safety even with a good portion of the stadium empty. Another consideration is "break even" attendance to even out the cost of putting the game on. Not sure what that is, but if we assume its 1/3 of the stadium is it worth the risk?

PAY FULL PRICE FOR GAMES THAT WE CANNOT ATTEND. SHORES UP ANY REVENUE DEFICITS FROM THE ATH. DEPT. DURING THE PANDEMIC AND, HAVE YOUR GRANDMAS MAKE UP SCRAPBOOKS WITH EVERY SEASON TICKET IN THERE, FOR GAMES THAT WE DIDN'T ATTEND. Give the albums to your grandchildren and then 25 years later, after many of us are "dead and gone," the grandkids can finance their college spending money by selling the scrapbooks of NU UNUSED TICKETS to collectors of memorabilia.

I don’t want a refund on my season tickets, even if there is no season. Nebraska football is important, for a lot of reasons, and I’m still willing to support it even if I can’t go to any games for a while.

The way out of all this has always been, and will continue to be, more “in it together,” and less “what’s in it for me?”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back