• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

World Series

Huh? Screw the AL? Only the Astros can end it in game 6... You do know the Astros moved to the AL, don't you?
It's okay, as I don't like Washington..... So still screw the AL!!!

edit: I put a 20 spot on Houston to win the series, so I was a little none to happy when the Nats took that 2 - 0 lead.

Last edited:

Man, I love the 'stros... but did we catch a break with that called third strike to end the seventh... Others had been called that way in other games, but didn't seem to have been in this game and a few batters earlier...

Hey, no one has ever claimed Houston was a "favored" team... We'll take it...
Makeup for previous batter.

Man, I love the 'stros... but did we catch a break with that called third strike to end the seventh... Others had been called that way in other games, but didn't seem to have been in this game and a few batters earlier...

Hey, no one has ever claimed Houston was a "favored" team... We'll take it...

That call was absolutely egregious and should never happen in a World Series game. Then, to blame Yan Gomes as it’s somehow his fault is asinine. That being said, Nats have to get more runners on base and get more timely hitting. Cole is too good not to put pressure on him. Nats in trouble. Max being scratched killed us although I thought Ross held his own under the circumstances.

After giving up a run in the top of the first, Houston just now takes a 2 - 1 lead after a monster solo HR. WHOA! Almost back to back dingers.... heading to the 2nd. 2 - 1 Stros....

With 2 on and 2 outs, just crushed one deep into the corner but was caught just in front of the wall and the foul stripe for the 3rd out. Huge defensive play for the Stros. Still 2 - 1 Houston. Heading to the bottom of the 4th.

Last edited:

Eaton smashes one down the first base line for a solo homer to tie the game at 2 - 2. Top 5, two outs nobody on.

Verlander is now up to 86 pitches and counting...

Juan Soto with a MONSTER HR give the Nats the lead. He absolutely crushed it. Verlander just isn't going to get is postseason win. Still 2 outs and none on. 3 - 2 Washington.

So I was eating and couldn't be bothered to post during the most exciting drama of this years WS. It's too much to type here, but long story short, runner was called out for running inside the base line, and then Nats manager gets tossed, and then the Nats crush a 2 run shot to take a commanding 5 - 2 lead. Houston half of the 7th with a called strike for the first out...... Looking like a game 7 is in the works.....

So I was eating and couldn't be bothered to post during the most exciting drama of this years WS. It's too much to type here, but long story short, runner was called out for running inside the base line, and then Nats manager gets tossed, and then the Nats crush a 2 run shot to take a commanding 5 - 2 lead. Houston half of the 7th with a called strike for the first out...... Looking like a game 7 is in the works.....

The most ridiculous call in a World Series in my lifetime.

Interesting.... Washington now in total command.... 7 - 2 top 9th. 2 out, man on 2nd. It's been a complete road show World Series. Game 7..... NEXT.....

bottom 9, but this one is over.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back